Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

4 lo/4 high

Old 08-15-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
You can crawl in 2hi in 2nd gear. Do it in my jeep all the time in traffic. 2nd gear while rolling, let off the clutch, go. Never have any issues unless i come up on a hill
You are so correct. The road to my house is 3/4 mile dirt/sand and mud (when it's wet). We are new to Jeeps. I commented to my wife the other day that our manual crawls like almost like an automatic in 2hi and second gear. No input needed. A little throttle here and there, but it always comes back to the crawl and won't stall. Beautiful. Until you hit the brake if I'm not mistaken. I'll use it in traffic when I go to the city.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of these conditions are driver and rig based... alot of forest and state trails are fine in 2wd, a 4wd tail of course use what is needed.
Like what was said before you wanna be in 4hi/4 lo before you are in the thick of things, last thing u wanna do be on a cliff and have to stop to put it in 4lo.

Quick Reply: 4 lo/4 high