Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

About Airing Up

Old 04-15-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About Airing Up

I got a new ARB compressor and tire inflator kit. Now, I want to set it up so that I can just clip the hose on the valve and let it go, no back and forth between the tire guage and air. I thought I could add an in line air regulator to the line, and have it go to 32 psi and shut off automatically--no bleeding air off afterward, etc. But I cant find what I need......I bought an "NPS Air Adjusting Valve that looks like an in line regulator, but all it does is leak air when I try to make an adjustment.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction before I drop another $20 on the wrong part, haha. Pics would be a great help too!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

wal mart sells a tire inflation kit. Think it's ten bucks. Gauge and snap on connection included
Old 04-16-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip. I was out and about today and found what I was looking for at sears. It's an inline regulator that allows me to fill to 32 psi and then shut down.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jet noise
Thanks for the tip. I was out and about today and found what I was looking for at sears. It's an inline regulator that allows me to fill to 32 psi and then shut down.
Nice. Do you have a link to said device?
Old 04-16-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

No link but you can find what you need in the air tool/compressor section. Its an adjustable inline regulator...

Quick Reply: About Airing Up