Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Airing Down

Old 06-08-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airing Down

I am looking into getting a nice little air down kit. My buddy I went wheeling with today let me use his trailhead kit.

I really liked it. But now I found ARB's E-Z Tire Deflator kit

I was wondering if anyone has this ARB Kit, and how is it working out? That trailhead or even the Staun kit that northridge sells in pretty much the same. I like the fact you screw them one and when they are done they stop. Doesn't get easier than that. But this ARB kit I dont think I wouldn't mind going to each tire. Because the ARB says it pulls the core valve out???? So anyone out there uses this kit? Or anyone have there opinions on which one to go for??
Old 06-08-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

ive seen both and they look quality. the staun kit would be my choice because you set the psi then put it on the valves and you are good to go. makes airing down faster!
Old 06-08-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deanthemachine04
ive seen both and they look quality. the staun kit would be my choice because you set the psi then put it on the valves and you are good to go. makes airing down faster!
x2> ive got it and love it. its very fast because you do all 4 at once
Old 06-08-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

we all use the stauns here and love them. good quality and super easy to use.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Junkie

Well I never heard of staun till now. I did some research and just picked me up a set. They seem like they are good quality, and your the third in a row that recommended them. Thank for the replies and feedback
Old 06-09-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the ARB airdown device, as I an NOT stuck to one pressure and you air down each tire in 20-30 seconds. It takes more time to screw it on and take out the core than it does to due the airing down part. RubyDoo is usually set at 20 but on really muddy areas i put her to 18 or 17 and in snow she goes to 15.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

X2 they are totally adjustable.i just set them where i want them using my spare as the reference before i hit the trail and then they are set for you.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Just made me one of these this weekend. Actually made this version for about $22 because Harbor Freight was having a sidewalk sale, and 1/4" hose and pieces were a little cheaper. I'm still perfecting an adapter for the bottom where I can air back up both tires at the same time. I've got one made, but the brass pieces it takes for that conversion aren't cheap, and there seems like there could be less pieces.

Anyway, for those that like to build their own and truly balance the rig from side to side.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/tire-pressure-deflator-inflator-pressure-equallizer-2-tires-same-time-34126/
Old 06-09-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you air down without beadlock?
Old 06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dprichard
Can you air down without beadlock?
Absolutely but not as low as with a beadlock. You may not want to go any lower than 15 psi. I use the Staun set to 18psi and never had a problem.

Quick Reply: Airing Down