Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Beach in NC or VA to take Jeep and dog

Old 03-07-2014, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beach in NC or VA to take Jeep and dog

We are looking for a family beach vacation spot where we can go on the beach with the Jeep AND the dog. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ft.Fisher ,nc. It's near Wilmington just past Kure beach. Buy a beach pass and you get on just passed the aquarium

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 03-07-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The NC Outer Banks are one of my families favorite spots. There is lots to see and do or you can find a quiet spot to get away. The entire area is very family friendly. Great spots to take the Jeep out and drive the coast!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Nc. Va doesn't permit vehicles on the beach. Obx, north core banks, etc. You are limited to vehicle access from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OH9JK
The NC Outer Banks are one of my families favorite spots. There is lots to see and do or you can find a quiet spot to get away. The entire area is very family friendly. Great spots to take the Jeep out and drive the coast!
I miss the outer banks... I moved from VA in 2011 and heard they started charging to use the beach (take vehicles on) and that's terrible...
Old 03-12-2014, 03:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Battlefrog21
I miss the outer banks... I moved from VA in 2011 and heard they started charging to use the beach (take vehicles on) and that's terrible...
Coming from a local......when? Where? You know the usual spot is still free and wide open but further south they do charge in some spots.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default Obx

OBX has miles of sand dunes and on the beach driving that is legal! We had a blast!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Unfortunately to drive in OBX now you have to buy a week or year pass to do it, I believe that Corolla Beach is still free because of the houses that have no other access beside the sand. I grew up taking many Hatteras trips and truly enjoyed every time I went down there. It is sad to see many spots closing and now having to pay a pretty substantial amount just to drive on the limited access there is now. Im sure its not helping their tourism and feels like its eventually headed to the closing of driving on the beaches all together.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
Unfortunately to drive in OBX now you have to buy a week or year pass to do it, I believe that Corolla Beach is still free because of the houses that have no other access beside the sand. I grew up taking many Hatteras trips and truly enjoyed every time I went down there. It is sad to see many spots closing and now having to pay a pretty substantial amount just to drive on the limited access there is now. Im sure its not helping their tourism and feels like its eventually headed to the closing of driving on the beaches all together.
i think it is better north of corolla on up to Corova.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls
Coming from a local......when? Where? You know the usual spot is still free and wide open but further south they do charge in some spots.
Really? I was told you needed an annual pass or a day pass for $50 or some shit.

Quick Reply: Beach in NC or VA to take Jeep and dog