Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Bump steer, new here and need some help!

Old 05-23-2016, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump steer, new here and need some help!

I purchased my 2008 rubicon with a few things already installed from the previous owner but I am in the process of changing some things for better ride quality and
control the lift is about 3.5" on 35" tires, it was all over the place and I recently changed out the tie rods, drag link, and upper and lower ball joints with MOOG problem
solver parts. I had gotten an alignment my caster is super low about 2.4. I added a front adjustable rubicon express track bar and I have the RE control arm drop brackets but have yet to install them. I'm still getting pulled a bit left and right on uneven roads and not so great on the hwy over 60 mph, should the brackets help a lot? Should I get an axel side front track bar bracket as well, its not parallel with the link. Thanks
Old 05-23-2016, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

I re posted this in the correct
forum, sorry guys.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKHunter817
I re posted this in the correct
forum, sorry guys.
Check your track bar. Most of the time that's it
Old 06-01-2016, 10:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

At your height a drag link flip is recommended to level the drag link and track bar. The more level and parallel these links are the less bump steer you will get. You also want to raise the track bar bracket on the axle side to level the rear track bar as much as possible. This helps with the roll center and make the jeep more stable in cornering or off camber situations.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
At your height a drag link flip is recommended to level the drag link and track bar. The more level and parallel these links are the less bump steer you will get. You also want to raise the track bar bracket on the axle side to level the rear track bar as much as possible. This helps with the roll center and make the jeep more stable in cornering or off camber situations.
Thanks guys, I raised my stock rear track bar on the axle side as it came with the frame side drop bracket. I also have an adjustable track bar, wasn't adjusted enough when I put it on though. Does the draglink flip usually come with the raised bracket for the trackbar?
Old 06-02-2016, 06:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

There are some companies that offer it as a high steer kit or you can simply buy the drag link itself. The key is raising the track the same amount as the drag link flip to keep the links parallel. The flatter you can get these links the better your handling will be. You also want the rear track bar to be raised at the axle and as flat as you can make it.

Quick Reply: Bump steer, new here and need some help!