Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Clicking sound after off roading

Old 06-23-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's it going everyone....I have a question about off roading on the beach.....after I leave the beach and put my JK unlimited back in 2 wheel drive I get this weird clicking feeling underneath my feet and under the passengers feet. It can make a sound sometimes as well. It isn't constant however it starts off more frequent and then goes away altogether usually after 10 min or so....it happened the other day as well when I wasn't even coming from the beach....my buddy thinks that I am getting sand in a spot which is causing that problem ....has anyone had this problem before?
Old 07-04-2014, 02:15 AM
JK Freak

I cant say i have, but it sounds like you might be getting sand in something, since the problem goes away, it sounds like the sand falls back out and it clears up. there are 2 things in life that will always get into things where you dont want them, in laws and sand......
Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Without seeing/hearing it hard to say what it is. But I can tell you it shouldn't be doing that I live at the beach and drive on it at least twice a week. If you cannot figure it out get it checked. It could be simple or it could be having a hard time disengaging and if that's the case you don't really want to be driving it on the pavement. It would suck to bind a t. Case because of a problem you know is there.

Quick Reply: Clicking sound after off roading