Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Disco in the Desert

Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco in the Desert

Would there be any scenarios in dunes where I would want to disco? And I ain't talking about sweet dances moves with Camels. Debating on getting some quick disconnects but think I probably wouldn't use them often...what do you guys think?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i suppose it would depend on the features of the sand. if it's flat and smooth, no. if it's undulating and has points were your suspension would articulate, yes.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the dunes, I prefer to keep my sway bar connected since in the soft stuff I tend to run at higher speeds and get less body roll/better steering response.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool...thanks guys, sounds like I should just give it a shot and see what it's like. Cheers!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

I have shot dunes a lot with trucks, and full size blazers, and a person tends to shoot the dunes at speed and all I can say is that you want STABILITY and speed and when you crest and flop over to the down side of a hill the last thing you want is body roll. Remember when you slide or tend to get into down slope sideways turn into the down side and nail it, your gas pedal is your friend, use it, all of it, "turn into it and floor it"
Old 04-13-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Disco

When to and when not to Disco. I disco when ever KC and the Sunshine Boys comes on! Oh...I know what you mean now.

Quick Reply: Disco in the Desert