Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Is a Farm Jack the same as a HiLift Jack???

Old 03-01-2016, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese high lift junk

Don't buy a hi lift made in China ! There is no quality control they are shipped defective. They have a history of breaking and in some cases causing fatal injuries. Spend the extra few dollars and buy made in the USA quality products. I did buy a Chinese made hi lift and it came damaged from a third party seller on Amazon. I promptly sent it back and bought a made in the USA hi lift.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160224_192612.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	361.5 KB
ID:	639223  
Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't remember the brand of mine but it's not hilift. I got it out of my grandfathers basement where it's been for over 35 years. I wire wheeled it and painted it up and it's worked perfectly everytime I've used it. It doesn't matter what brand it is, as long as it works. Tons of my friends have the one from tractor supply and I've never once heard any of them complain.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was raised around farms and the jack you have was most Likely made in the USA and is cast thats why it's been around for over 35 yrs. The old farm Jack's we had laid around the barns until the day came to change a tire or pull out a stuck tractor or fence post also used for hosting and engine out. I checked out the farm Jack's at tractor supply and harbor freight and they were the Chinese made ones. They were painted and not powder coated and looked poorly made. Spend the extra buck and put your neighbor to work ! Stick to USA made !
Old 03-23-2016, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the highlift

Quick Reply: Is a Farm Jack the same as a HiLift Jack???