Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

First Jeep!: Jamboree?

Old 12-21-2014, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Jeep!: Jamboree?

After 27 years of waiting, was able to finally purchase my first Jeep! 2015 Sahara nearly loaded! The wife, kids, ( and I) are beyond giddy with the fun we're having in this!

Looking to submerge ourselves in the Jeep lifestyle and thought a Jamboree would be a great way to start! We are looking at the 2015 Killington VT Jamboree as a way to meet people and get some solid off-road tips.

Thanks in advance for any comments on the pros and cons of attending Jamboree as a novice. Looking forward to getting muddy!
Old 12-21-2014, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Not been myself, but a couple I know has been on a few and they really enjoy them. Congrats on the new Jeep, have fun!

Old 12-21-2014, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RoGus99!
After 27 years of waiting, was able to finally purchase my first Jeep! 2015 Sahara nearly loaded! The wife, kids, ( and I) are beyond giddy with the fun we're having in this!

Looking to submerge ourselves in the Jeep lifestyle and thought a Jamboree would be a great way to start! We are looking at the 2015 Killington VT Jamboree as a way to meet people and get some solid off-road tips.

Thanks in advance for any comments on the pros and cons of attending Jamboree as a novice. Looking forward to getting muddy!
I've never been either, but why not?! I've been looking at a few but the closest is still a ways away. Congrats on the jeep though, best vehicle ever made.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Jamboree or not....

We went to our first Jamboree this year in Ouray, Co. We had an absolute blast. We met a lot of really great people, went on great trails and and could not say enough good about the experience. Give it a go.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:56 AM
JK Freak

Never been to a Jeep jamboree, most of them are too far from me. I can tell you that the best way to meet people and learn about off roading and your Jeep is to join a local active Jeep club. Congratulations on your Jeep, and don't forget to wave.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Also keep an eye out for runs posted in the staging area section. Just go on an easy run near you with some forum members, that'll get you hooked and then jamboree will be a no brainer.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by holy_crap
Never been to a Jeep jamboree, most of them are too far from me. I can tell you that the best way to meet people and learn about off roading and your Jeep is to join a local active Jeep club. Congratulations on your Jeep, and don't forget to wave.
Thanks! My family thinks the Jeep wave has been the best part! Love the community. Of course there are still drivers that don't get it and are waveless but they'll still get it from us.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

JJUSA has had signups open for about three weeks now and the five in the northeast are full. Usually fill in the first two hours. The rest usually don't fill to fast. I have attended about 25 all over the US and would recommend them. You can pick the level you want to go on. Usually they have three levels.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

I went to my first one in Hot Springs and had a great time. So much so I have signed up for 3 more.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

You can get on the wait list for Killington. We did with ME and got in. I think Killington requires a minimum tire size also.

Quick Reply: First Jeep!: Jamboree?