Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Good Trail Bike and Bike Rack

Old 05-05-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I was concerned about the weight thing, but I'm not sure how much the tailgate can hold. But an aftermarket tire carrier would fix that problem correct?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by terribad16
Yea I was concerned about the weight thing, but I'm not sure how much the tailgate can hold. But an aftermarket tire carrier would fix that problem correct?
Theoretically it should fix that. I'm looking to install my Thule SpareMe on my AEV Tire Carrier I just put on a few weeks ago. I cannot find anything that says "Yes, will work with bike carrier." but I've found a couple of threads where people have done it with no problem. Its got to be better than on the tailgate thats for sure. I posted somewhere else on the forum about my spare tire popping my welds on my tailgate, check it out before you consider doing it.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Newbie

Picked up a 2011 JKU about a month ago. Currently I have a pair of fork mounts in the bed so I can carry a couple bikes inside even with the hardtop on. I plan on picking up a tray style hitch rack soon. I'm currently looking at a rebranded 2 tray 1-up rack without the $400 price tag. Currently riding a Stumpy FSR and a Jamis roadie. Looking at a Niner or a Pivot next. Likely spring-ish.

Quick Reply: Good Trail Bike and Bike Rack