Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

How to park on object/tires/tree stump/objects for flex pics.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to park on object/tires/tree stump/objects for flex pics.

Hello was wondering what the proper procedure for driving/parking on objects for flex shots. I've seen lots of pictures of jeeps parking on other jeep's tires.

I've been wanting to park on this 3 foot tall concrete block for a while for a flex pic but was wondering what the proper procedure was.

I have a 6speed 35's a lift and disconnects. The thing that concerns me is that there was a guy in my class that broke something on his while trying to do it on the same block.

Do I put the jeep in 4lo, let it climb up the straight vertical ledge, park take pics? Should I gas it at the beginning?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2017, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

set the Ebrake if you think something may bind.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by professional_slacker
set the Ebrake if you think something may bind.

My plan of attack is to drive slowly to the vertical face in 4lo. Stop until the wall touches the front of the tire. Add constant little gas and hopefully tire grabs and climbs over.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'd start with something with a little smaller face. Climbing 3' vertical is possible but will take finesse. Certainly 4lo and finesse.

To the breakage comment- too much gas or not knowing the limit can absolutely snap an axle shaft or blow a u-joint.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Def. stay in 4 low and climb the block slowly. I do not know how large of a suspension you have or whatnot but with 35's im guessing it shouldn't be to difficult. Slow and steady wins the race. Make sure you post your "flex" picture so we can see how it turned out.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

You could always watch the YouTube video of how not to do it. There is one where the guy flops his jeep on one of those blocks.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Manual Transmission... No gas just 1st gear, get right up against it and slowly let the clutch out. She'll climb it.

Quick Reply: How to park on object/tires/tree stump/objects for flex pics.