Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Trail Gear?

Old 10-16-2010, 01:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Gear?

I was wondering if anyone else here carries a super soaker when they go out on a trail? You know sometimes when you got to go through a mudhole or your just mudding and your headlights and licesne plate get covered in mud. I'm thinking most of you carry lots of water in tanks but tried it last time by brining water in a dispenser and I ended up scratching my headlights. And home was very far and didn't want to risk getting a ticket.

Last edited by matt852; 10-16-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Just piss on it...

-WRM
Old 10-16-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by WRMorrison
Just piss on it...

-WRM
hahahah yeah and have my jeep rusting from the sodium in piss.
BTW nice 4dr I haven't seen a serf blue with half doors before looks good I wouldn't want to piss on that
Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

I have been thinking about picking up one of those sprayers from Home Depot.
They hold 2-3 gals and pressurize pretty easy. I have seen them for less than $10.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cppower
I have been thinking about picking up one of those sprayers from Home Depot.
They hold 2-3 gals and pressurize pretty easy. I have seen them for less than $10.
Ahh that sounds better are those the ones they use for the pestisides?
Old 10-16-2010, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually take some 1 gallon or 2.5 gallon water jugs from the store for general purpose. I also take a spray bottle of auto glass cleaner and some shop paper towels to clean the windshield and lights when I need to. You never know when a big fat bug is going to splat right into your view.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by matt852
hahahah yeah and have my jeep rusting from the sodium in piss.
BTW nice 4dr I haven't seen a serf blue with half doors before looks good I wouldn't want to piss on that
Thanks! Where are you finding mud in AZ? especially here lately... Growing up wheeling in the midwest, I'm burnt-out on mud; so I typically just avoid it now if I happen across a pit. The worst I have to worry about now is dirt and rocks.

Oh, and I've put mine through enough that piss wouldn't phase it much...lol. Seriously though, I've cleaned MANY mud-soaked windshields of mine back in the day. Yeah, it's a bit gross, but when you don't have any water and still need to drive home...lol. You can always hose it off when you get home.

-WRM
Old 10-16-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by matt852
Ahh that sounds better are those the ones they use for the pestisides?
That's the ones!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by WRMorrison
Thanks! Where are you finding mud in AZ? especially here lately... Growing up wheeling in the midwest, I'm burnt-out on mud; so I typically just avoid it now if I happen across a pit. The worst I have to worry about now is dirt and rocks.

Oh, and I've put mine through enough that piss wouldn't phase it much...lol. Seriously though, I've cleaned MANY mud-soaked windshields of mine back in the day. Yeah, it's a bit gross, but when you don't have any water and still need to drive home...lol. You can always hose it off when you get home.

-WRM
I live around Peoria in the CCV Area you know the MEGA Church right around there are a bunch of mud holes. Theres also this very nice place right next to Ben Avery Shooting Range its 3-4 miles west of ben avery and then you head south and there is a plentiful amount of mud, mud holes, theres lots of these semi truck length strips of puddle to play around in.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got home from wheeling with a club and some kind of water sprayer would have been handy. I really don't care about the headlights but it was needed for someones radiator, it was so caked the Jeep was overheating. It would have been helpful for cleaning off this guys gauge cluster and inside of the windshield too.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/widowmaker10/5087266163/

Quick Reply: Trail Gear?