Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Jk lift

Old 04-13-2015, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jk lift

Would like some help finding the best 2.5-3" lift for the cheapest I can get it.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

I was in your same boat a couple weeks ago. Researched for a while and almost made the mistake of going with a procomp lift. After reading 6 bad reviews before finding one good one I stayed away and spent 350 on a teraflex budget boost with shock extensions. I haven't put it on yet (still in the mail) but I'm glad I didn't she'll out 1k for a garbage lift. My .02 is to save your money until you can afford a good lift and for now go with a spacer. Look under the modified jeep stickies for the dirtman's post on lifts. That helped me a lot.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

x2 on what Xcountrysc said about a spacer lift if you want to save some money. If money is not an issue, maybe do a little more research. However, I wanted something quick and decided on a 2.5" lift because my tires would sometimes rub my fenders with light offroading and I was on a budget. I went with a Rough Country Budget Boost (Rough Country 2.5in. Series II Wrangler Lift Kit).

Pre Lift
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 inch BL.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	606228

Post Lift
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.5 BB.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	606229

I've been running it a year now and have been happy with it with no rubbing issues (although I did swap out my Sahara shocks and coils for Rubicon take-off's but that's only because I got them for next to nothing).
Old 04-14-2015, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks that helps the pocket book for what I need haha
Old 04-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When people ask for reccomendations I typically ask them how large do they want to go in terms of tires. This will be a very important factor in most lifts. For example you will not put 39 inch tires on a 2 inch lift and expect them not to rub everywhere. If you plan to stay stock up to 35" I would say go with a quality lift that has good customer service and is known for their springs not sagging. A budget boost is a decent way to get you up there as well. If you have any questions or anything. Hit me up, thank you.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best bang for the buck is find someone lifting a JKU and put those springs under you JK, instant cheap lift.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cave
Would like some help finding the best 2.5-3" lift for the cheapest I can get it.
If you want best bang for buck I would step up to re stock mod. More money but you won't regret it. Everything else you will. I've been there lol.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:52 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You can simply put some 3" coils and be done if you want cheap. It will lift your jeep. If you want it to ride good and perform well both on road and off then you need to replace many other components of the suspension and learn about things like caster, bump steer, roll center and some other stuff. I would encourage you to read the stickies posted at the top of the modified section to get info on what you may or may not need.
Good luck with the mods and welcome to the forum.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default budget lift

I have this one Rusty's JK Wrangler 2" Budget Kit (includes shocks) - JK Wrangler & Rubicon ('07+) - Jeep Suspension Lift Kits - Jeep Suspension on my JK with 35's and flat flares. It seems to work pretty well. I've only had it a month and once off road but it performed pretty well.

Quick Reply: Jk lift