Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

need advice on hitch carrier basket

Old 04-10-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on hitch carrier basket

I looking for a carrier basket that locks into my reciever hitch. I'm going to be doing a lot of beach driving and I need to carry all my stiff out there. Gonna be a heavy cooler (full of meat and beer), firewood, grill, etc. I need to to clear my spare tire as I have to have it out there. The back of the jeep is gonna be full as I have a great dane that takes up most of the back!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue project
I looking for a carrier basket that locks into my reciever hitch. I'm going to be doing a lot of beach driving and I need to carry all my stiff out there. Gonna be a heavy cooler (full of meat and beer), firewood, grill, etc. I need to to clear my spare tire as I have to have it out there. The back of the jeep is gonna be full as I have a great dane that takes up most of the back!
Check out harbour freight.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the HF one and it does work with stock sahara spare tire, but i did have to lower the air pressure a little and you cant open the tailgate with it on. Its the silver one that goes for around $99 ( i just painted it black) and in the two pics, im carrying about 500lbs which held up just fine driving from Boston, MA to Arizona

Edit: Link- w ww.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-aluminum-cargo-carrier-92655.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1672.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	148457   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1634.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	148458  

Last edited by Croce; 04-10-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Croce
I have the HF one and it does work with stock sahara spare tire, but i did have to lower the air pressure a little and you cant open the tailgate with it on. Its the silver one that goes for around $99 ( i just painted it black) and in the two pics, im carrying about 500lbs which held up just fine driving from Boston, MA to Arizona

Edit: Link- w ww.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-aluminum-cargo-carrier-92655.html
Sorry, off topic but the sahara wheels look awesome painted matte black

Quick Reply: need advice on hitch carrier basket