Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Need help with rear lift.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need help with rear lift.

What u have:
Ok so currently I have a JKU with 2.5" rock krawler coils, king 2.5" 0-2" lift shocks and brake line extensions.

What I want:
I want my rear 1" higher so what I want to do is the following EVO rockstars which will bring the shocks up 1.5" but will not increase the ride hight but will give me better clearance, replace my 2.5" RK coils with 3.5" triple rate RK coils which will give me 3.5" lift, new adjustable rear track bar in stock location to put my rear axle back in line. Now the trick question is do I get 2.5" or 3.5" RK rear control arms or is it ok to keep it stock?
And are the 0-2" shocks ok with a 3.5" coils minus the 1.5" from the EVO skids should be 2" lift. Enough for that?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:19 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The arms should be the same for either a 2.5" or 3.5" lift as they are adjsutable. Check with whoever you buy them from because they have just a lower arm set that is shorter then stock and a upper and lower set that pushes the axle back 1". Personally I would use a different brand but if you want rock krawler you will be fine as they are a fine product and a good company. As for the track bar you will want to raise the axle side bracket to minimize the axle shift when articualting and it will raise your roll center a bit to make your rig more stable in off camber situations and high speed cornering on the road. Raisign the lower shock mounts should keep the shocks where they need to be but you will still have the same range as before. With a 3.5" lift you should be able to move to a 12" travel shock for extra articulation.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the gen 2 rear linear coils ?
The gen 3 triple rates are higher. To clarify what he said above -
You really only have 2 choices for RK's rear arms. Either lowers w/ stock uppers, or Both sets (X factor kit) which moves the axle back 1"
Just be prepared for coil bow/perch relo, link/bump stop contact and you'll have to move the swaybar back.

Another option, find a upper arm that adjust to stock/plus that will give you just enough adjustment to raise the pinion a bit.

You don't have the RK axle side bracket ?
TF/Clayton/Synergy move the axle end up over 3", and You may not need a track bar.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 07-11-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Do you have the gen 2 rear linear coils ?
The gen 3 triple rates are higher. To clarify what he said above -
You really only have 2 choices for RK's rear arms. Either lowers w/ stock uppers, or Both sets (X factor kit) which moves the axle back 1"
Just be prepared for coil bow/perch relo, link/bump stop contact and you'll have to move the swaybar back.

Another option, find a upper arm that adjust to stock/plus that will give you just enough adjustment to raise the pinion a bit.

You don't have the RK axle side bracket ?
TF/Clayton/Synergy move the axle end up over 3", and You may not need a track bar.

I do have the track bracket installed but my track bar is shot so I figure I get one that works better. I was thinking of the currie. My coils are the linear coils so I think it would be a nice upgrade with the triple rate.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The arms should be the same for either a 2.5" or 3.5" lift as they are adjsutable. Check with whoever you buy them from because they have just a lower arm set that is shorter then stock and a upper and lower set that pushes the axle back 1". Personally I would use a different brand but if you want rock krawler you will be fine as they are a fine product and a good company. As for the track bar you will want to raise the axle side bracket to minimize the axle shift when articualting and it will raise your roll center a bit to make your rig more stable in off camber situations and high speed cornering on the road. Raisign the lower shock mounts should keep the shocks where they need to be but you will still have the same range as before. With a 3.5" lift you should be able to move to a 12" travel shock for extra articulation.
When you refer to raising the bracket do you mean to a location off the axle?
An if this was your rig what brand would you go with?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:30 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Rasing the mount would just be a higher location but still mounted to the axle. The higher and more level the track bar is at ride height the better.
I build my own stuff but I were going to buy a set of control arms I would be looking hard at synergy with the double adjuster and their new joints.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I freaking hate Jam nuts. As much as I like the RK arms/new joints .. The Synergy double adjuster is great.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Thank you both for the advice I'm going to look into the synergy arms and to relocate the trackbar bracket the jeep it going in for regearing on Monday and. Wanted to have this things done also.

Quick Reply: Need help with rear lift.