Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

ohv parks/trails

Old 01-24-2015, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ohv parks/trails

If a place is designated as a OHV (off-highway vehicle) can I still take my daily driver jeep to the park?
There's a place called scrubgrass a few miles north of me in PA, but its an ohv park. I didn't know if I can take my slightly modified jk out there, or if places like that are specifically for off roading rigs and "buggies" and atvs and stuff. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
If a place is designated as a OHV (off-highway vehicle) can I still take my daily driver jeep to the park? There's a place called scrubgrass a few miles north of me in PA, but its an ohv park. I didn't know if I can take my slightly modified jk out there, or if places like that are specifically for off roading rigs and "buggies" and atvs and stuff. Thanks!

Unless there is 50" limit gate keepers you should be legally fine! As far as the ability of your rig to handle it the best way to tour a park is via YouTube!
Old 01-24-2015, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some of it looked pretty mild. I don't know. It's an 1 he 45 min from me I may go check it out once weather gets better
Old 01-25-2015, 12:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
If a place is designated as a OHV (off-highway vehicle) can I still take my daily driver jeep to the park? ...
I won't say with 100% certainty, but in general "OHV" means that you don't need a licensed vehicle. Unlicensed ATVs are okay, for example. But it isn't clear whether larger vehicles--highway licensed vehicles are allowed from just that designator. You need to research each particular OHV area. There is one a couple miles from my home, for example, that is restricted to ATVs and motorcycles. In the case of the one you're interested in, it is open to pretty much everything ...

Scrubgrass Village OHV Park - Pennsylvania Motorcycle and ATV Trails
Old 01-25-2015, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Hmm, I'm gonna have to look into this place in spring. Sounds fairly close to me.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I won't say with 100% certainty, but in general "OHV" means that you don't need a licensed vehicle. Unlicensed ATVs are okay, for example. [/url]
Sounds lots of medium trail riders and beginners go there.

Quick Reply: ohv parks/trails