Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Paint Protection

Old 03-20-2016, 02:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

CLEAR VINYL WRAP ! Amazon.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The to much work depends on the person I guess. To me, it's therapeutic. And with my OCD about my vehicles, I can only be happy about my vehicle and myself when I look around and see that mine better than everyone else's. I also work 6am to 2pm, so I have hours of daylight each evening to spend in the garage and driveway nitpicking my cars, trying to find and mark, stain, dust. I drink beer, and clean cars.

I buy stuff from a guy named "T" at Pittsburgh's Premier Car Care Store for detailing supplies, equipment and accessories. - Autoality Incorporated

They are a detailer supply, and you'd be amazed how cheap it is to buy the bulk/concentrated professional stuff from him in gallons composted to how expensive it is to buy detail spray, car shampoo, wheel/tire cleaner, sealants, dressings and suchave from Walmart or the oats store. The gallon containers and concentrates are awesome and so much cheaper. Screw the $8.99 little spray bottle of detailer, buy a concentrate for $10 or $12 that makes 5 gallons. Same thing with tire cleaner, meguiars wheel and tire cleaner in the gallon will make 5 gallons of product. That will last almost a year, and it's acid free and safe on all wheels, and cleans tires like Westleys White Wall Cleaner.

It goes on and on, just call T, he can steer you into a direction that makes economical sense. If you don't want the coatings, I'd strongly suggest you try 4 Star Ultimate Paint Protection. That is the most insane, carnauba looking, slickest, longest lasting synthetic sealant I've found. And then no matter what, top of after each wash with the Meguiars X-press synthetic spray wax (literally spritz on, wipe off) and you'll shit yourself!
Old 03-20-2016, 04:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
The to much work depends on the person I guess. To me, it's therapeutic. And with my OCD about my vehicles, I can only be happy about my vehicle and myself when I look around and see that mine better than everyone else's. I also work 6am to 2pm, so I have hours of daylight each evening to spend in the garage and driveway nitpicking my cars, trying to find and mark, stain, dust. I drink beer, and clean cars. I buy stuff from a guy named "T" at Pittsburgh's Premier Car Care Store for detailing supplies, equipment and accessories. - Autoality Incorporated They are a detailer supply, and you'd be amazed how cheap it is to buy the bulk/concentrated professional stuff from him in gallons composted to how expensive it is to buy detail spray, car shampoo, wheel/tire cleaner, sealants, dressings and suchave from Walmart or the oats store. The gallon containers and concentrates are awesome and so much cheaper. Screw the $8.99 little spray bottle of detailer, buy a concentrate for $10 or $12 that makes 5 gallons. Same thing with tire cleaner, meguiars wheel and tire cleaner in the gallon will make 5 gallons of product. That will last almost a year, and it's acid free and safe on all wheels, and cleans tires like Westleys White Wall Cleaner. It goes on and on, just call T, he can steer you into a direction that makes economical sense. If you don't want the coatings, I'd strongly suggest you try 4 Star Ultimate Paint Protection. That is the most insane, carnauba looking, slickest, longest lasting synthetic sealant I've found. And then no matter what, top of after each wash with the Meguiars X-press synthetic spray wax (literally spritz on, wipe off) and you'll shit yourself!
Thanks. I'm in the Pittsburgh area so I'm going to have to check that out. I've been meaning to take the fenders, doors, and hood off to give them a good buffing. Thanks for the tips.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

If your in this area, come over and we can do a bit of show and tell here. You don't need to remove the parts to do a correction. PM me for my cell if you want. I'm in Economy Boro, a quarter mile from the Ambridge Sportsmans Club on Rt 989 / Ridge Road Ext.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:48 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry0071
The to much work depends on the person I guess. To me, it's therapeutic.
That I can understand. I like the looks of a nicely detailed vehicle but I'd rather go mountain biking instead. But I hear you
Old 03-22-2016, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm on this planet to live, not take care of my paint. I won't destroy it on purpose but, I'm about 4 wheeling not paint care. I use my Jeeps as a tool to get us to special places where others can't go, not to look good on the pavement. lol
Old 03-23-2016, 12:36 AM
JK Freak

To some of us, it's a hobby. I don't think anyone in this post is trying to recruit all jeepers to become detailers. But some of us naturally do find a great deal of enjoyment and satisfaction from maintaining our vehicles in a certain way.
Enjoy your property as you desire and do the things that make you happy.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Larry, well said !
Old 03-25-2016, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to look in to that 4 star. Wax a couple cars & Jeeps 2-3 times a year. Meguires has always done well, but I have heard the details guys get special stuff that lasts longer. If I can eliminate 1 wax and maintain protection that would be ideal to do other things. With a good base a good wash takes very little time.

{(
<UILongPressGestureRecognizer: 0x178f2040; state = Possible; delaysTouchesEnded = NO; view = <UIWebBrowserView 0x16a17600>; target= <(action=makeWebSelection:, target=<UIWebSelectionAssistant 0x17c25ce0>)>; must-fail = {
<_UITextSelectionForceGesture: 0x17c53890; state = Possible; view = <UIWebBrowserView 0x16a17600>; target= <(action=oneFingerForcePan:, target=<_UIKeyboardBasedNonEditableTextSelectionGe stureController 0x178b1990>)>>
}>
)}
Old 03-26-2016, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scratches and mud, lets other people know your jeep is loved, also makes pristine jeeps jealous

Quick Reply: Paint Protection