Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

pulling people out

Old 03-28-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

geeze this thread won't die. I only wheel with people from my club now who are willing to do anything to help get each others jeeps out. I have synth line now and it is a lot safer when pulling people out. I was in a situation where I was about to roll my jeep and they sprung into action and hooked my jeep up to their winch and got me out of a tight spot.

As far as recovery points we have a couple XJ/ZJ that have 0 frame mounted recovery points they always wrap a tow strap or tree saver around their front bumper which doesn't seem that legit. I didn't know they sold JKs without front or rear recovery points...
Old 04-08-2014, 06:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, k. I was at 11,000 feet the other day and came across this little honey stuck in a snow bank. 40-50mph winds with blowing snow. She was trying to dig out with her snow shoe. I pulled her out. No car damage and she was more than pleased as she was stuck there for a couple hours. She apparently thought her Subaru could handle 3' snow drifts.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
If you don't trust the people (and their gear) you wheel with, find different people. I do agree with your remarks if you stumble into a third party recovery situation, however.
Ditto. Maybe if they are total strangers $20, but theoretically it would probably give you liability for entering into a contract

matthew

Quick Reply: pulling people out