Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Rubi rails

Old 10-28-2016, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi rails

Just picked up a 2 door 2017 the other day and hate how unfinished it looks without rails. Planning on maybe buying these soon, anyone have any experience with them? I'm not looking to go rock crawling , just some smaller trails so I don't need too much protection just enough for the pinch seam.

http://www.extremeterrain.com/barric...D&XTID=J100746
Old 10-28-2016, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you were in northern CA I'd sell you my rubi sliders for $150. The basic ones, not with the additional bar.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:03 PM
JK Newbie

Ended up coming across these online and love how they look. Little more than what I wanted to spend but I'd rather just spend the money and get better ones than cheap out and realize I want different ones down the road.

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6008.htm
Old 10-29-2016, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the rubi rails on my 4 door. They've served their purpose but if I were to do it again I would have gone a different route. The finish on them isn't great and after a couple years rust is showing in "non wear" areas. The worst is directly behind my front tires. Doesn't take much to chip the coating and there is heavy rust in those areas.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2017jk
Ended up coming across these online and love how they look. Little more than what I wanted to spend but I'd rather just spend the money and get better ones than cheap out and realize I want different ones down the road.

Rock Hard 4x4â„¢ Patriot Series Tube Slider Rocker Guards for Jeep Wrangler JK 2DR 2007 - 2017 [RH-6008]
I personally would not use those due to their mounts - mounting to the body and frame, the body is designed to flex on the frame, so linking them doesn't seem like the best idea. You could get some rubi rail take-offs on clist for pretty cheap. Since you don't plan on rock crawling, you body mount isn't a big deal, I'd just avoid both, personally.

Quick Reply: Rubi rails