Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Rubicon X Winch?

Old 06-13-2014, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm looking for a low cost easy install winch for my 2014 Rubicon X. I'm trying to find one as close to bolt and go as possible. I've seen the Mopar / Warn special winch for the Rubicon 10A, but holy cow they are proud of it. As a side note I'm not a heavy wheeler but a climber and find myself alone in a lot of back roads so it will be for the rare occasion. Please help me out!!!

Last edited by adtucker; 06-13-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Google maximus 3.com. They have several options for different winches. Very nice guy, call them directly he can help you decide which winch will best suit your needs.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry I can't be much help here for your specific question regarding the 10A bumper, but my wheeling style is very similar to yours. I remember asking guys on the thread about a low cost winch that would be reliable enough to get the job done without breaking the bank, and I ended up with the Rugged Ridge XHD 8500 lb winch. I've used it dozens of times to pull my Jeep JKU out of sand, mud, ditches, and I've even pulled out my buddy's 1500 Silverado. It's a great low-cost winch, and it mounted pretty easily to my bumper. Again, I don't have a 10A Rubi bumper, so it might not be as easy to mount for you, but I would definitely recommend the winch as a whole.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by adtucker
So I'm looking for a low cost easy install winch for my 2014 Rubicon X. I'm trying to find one as close to bolt and go as possible. I've seen the Mopar / Warn special winch for the Rubicon 10A, but holy cow they are proud of it. As a side note I'm not a heavy wheeler but a climber and find myself alone in a lot of back roads so it will be for the rare occasion. Please help me out!!!
Recon 10500 with syn line from truck and winch. Awesome winch. Used couple times and it's awesome
Old 06-13-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look them up this weekend.

Quick Reply: Rubicon X Winch?