Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

So, I'm an idiot and got my new JK stuck yesterday. Lessons and questions.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the responses guys. Money's a little tight at the moment but I'm definitely going to look into all that stuff. I've since started carrying some basic tow straps and stuff in case we go out and get stuck again. And it only took about $25 at the car wash to get all the mud out (well, most of it).

Ty, I'll definitely let you know if I wanna go out and do that some time! My buddy (big rover guy, boo) is coming back into town in a few weeks so after that maybe we could figure something out.

Definitely loving the Jeep, though. Was originally going to buy a Taco but I'm so glad I went with the Jeep instead. Can't get this kind of fun anywhere else
Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

I love jeeping in mud, water. I never do it unless all doors and top is on though. I also park the jeeps two front tires on the sidewalk in front of my condo and lay under with the hose lol I just love rocking the jeep covered in mud for a day or two (I still clean undercarriage immediately).
Old 08-08-2013, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't read all the post on this but a better set of tires and a winch. As you already stated, you shouldn't wheel alone but if you have a winch you can be a little more confident that you can get yourself out if you do get hung up out on your own. Been there myself a few times and the winch saved my behind. Glad to see your having fun with your Jeep though.. That's how it should be.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't call yourself an idiot for gettin' stuck. It happens to everyone once in a while and is part of the exploring
Old 08-08-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!! Jeep on!!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are those the Steel wheels with the 225 75 16's if they are you can get stuck in wet grass with those.

If your going to play in the mud your going to need at least a All Terrian tire. Mud tires are the best off road traction but a lot of people don't want to run them because of the noise and drop in MPG.

Welcome to the "Jeep" community now. "Just Empty Every Pocket" do some mods and you will be wheeling with the best of us.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

I am new to the Jeep community. I just got my Jeep about two months ago and I was so eager to take it out wheeling. I was at my friend's farm and decided to try taking it mudding a little bit. The only problem...it is completely stock. Needless to say, I got very stuck. I ended up getting his little quarter ton pickup to get me unstuck I have never been wheeling before that or since. Just thought I would share that moment of shame and remorse in my not-so-long-ago past.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by amick218
I love jeeping in mud, water. I never do it unless all doors and top is on though. I also park the jeeps two front tires on the sidewalk in front of my condo and lay under with the hose lol I just love rocking the jeep covered in mud for a day or two (I still clean undercarriage immediately).
I made that mistake last month - took it out down some "ATV" trails and hit a big mud hole. Did not get stuck but had all 4 doors off. Never again with the doors off!!!!! What a PITA to clean, and clean, and clean...

As for the OP - don't sweat it. Have fun and learn from your mistakes (and the mistakes the rest of us post!!)

Last edited by bigmike17; 08-20-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

I've had my jeep for almost 4 years now and it is still completely stock. I take it mudding a lot and I have never gotten stuck. Just keep them tires moving and keep it at a high RPM and your chances of getting stuck goes way down.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

You did great and welcome to the club!!

Quick Reply: So, I'm an idiot and got my new JK stuck yesterday. Lessons and questions.