Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Starter Fluid Fix-A-Flat

Old 02-20-2011, 10:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done it several times, usually helping a buddy out. Once, all we had was an acetylene torch, use just a HINT of gas lit the torch and aimed it right at the tire, but be ready for the bang, a hell of a lot louder than the standard WD-40, or starting fluid. I've even used hairspray on a dirt bike tire. But Sometimes you have to use what you have like a ratchet strap or even an old belt and pipe work also. Damn like Macguyver use too.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

This does work. It is also a good way to get you shoe lace caught in the bead and to set your shoe on fire. (Yeah, it happened to me.) On the positive side, my tire was re-seated and I was back on the trail in no time.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Ive done this in iraq several times when reseating beads on m1114s.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Tried this on my skid steer tire once and burnt the bejesus out of my hand! From personal experience use something besides a lighter or a lighter with a longer handle or wear some gloves

Quick Reply: Starter Fluid Fix-A-Flat