Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Trying to decide on one locker or two

Old 04-18-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by millfire517
Anyone have any feedback on one of these?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16100_708.htm
Looks similar to the factory E-locker?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have never run a locker would just recommed a rear to start until you get use to running a locker .

Have a friend that runs these http://www.quadratec.com/products/16100_708.htm
and Yes Just like a E-locker
Old 04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by millfire517
Anyone have any feedback on one of these?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16100_708.htm
Originally Posted by JKlad
Looks similar to the factory E-locker?

It's closer to the factory LSD than it is to the factory locker. Basically, it's an LSD that you can switch from light to heavy grab on the fly. All you do when you're 'locking' it is telling it to apply greater pressure to the clutch plates.

In theory this sounds pretty good. In practice? Just search and see how many people have had problems with 'em. I'll give you a hint - be prepared to read for a while.

If you're looking for a much more durable LSD, check out the Eaton TruTrac. It doesn't use clutch plates at all, so there's nothing to wear out. I'm planning on regearing later on this year and am leaning heavily toward an ARB in the rear and a TruTrac in the front. I'd go with Eaton ELocker for the rear instead of the ARB, but I've read reports that the D44 version is not as reliable. Besides, I need an excuse to install onboard air anyway.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Having a front locker as well as a rear locker, has proved very useful to me on both my Rubi as well as my G 500. I don't use the front often or for any extended period of time, but it has made a big difference in ease.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

If this is also your daily driver do some research on having a front locker on the street in the snow. Some hate them on the street and only use them in deep snow off road.

For the snow we get here in Colorado I personally wouldn't want one on the street. The traction control does a good job with that. (JMHO)
Old 05-03-2011, 03:04 AM
JK Freak

Dude, I got Truetrac's front & rear and love them! The traction is amazing in some really slippery & sticky situations. If you plan on rock crawling then an ARB would be the way to go, but if anything else go Truetrac's! Also, if you do plan going ARB in the rear & not sure about the front, add a Truetrac in it, it's always there when you need it in 4wd, you really can't go wrong with Truetrac's! Maybe, Dynatrac can comment but it's all about your plans and where you ride! Good luck!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do both, no matter what type or brand, do both!!
You may not need the front all the time, but when you do,,, you will be glad you have it!!!

Quick Reply: Trying to decide on one locker or two