Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Wave at other Jeeps!

Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dchappell
This jk owner waves at all jeeps. I wave at anything that jeep makes and this is my fourth jeep so it's not just the new cool jeep owner thing.
I think I would feel silly waving at a patriot?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-11-2014, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Wave

That's half the fun in it though, the looks they give you like who in the world are you is priceless. My wife hates when I do that when she is in the jeep with me. Life is way too short to be so serious all the time WAVE ON FOLKS
Old 04-11-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

I always wave (when I'm paying attention). But here's the funny thing...

I own a 2 door sport, when I drive it I get saved at about 80% of the time. I also have a company Jeep that I drive, a 4 door Rubicon. I get waved at less than half the time when I'm driving it. It's almost like they know it's not really mine.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

I wave at Wranglers and CJs...don't really care if they wave back or not. Guess I just got used to people not waving back...

I'm REALLY surprised that Jeep doesn't make this a part of their branding and marketing...
Old 04-13-2014, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

2014 Sport S.
This is my third wrangler. My son owns a 1998 lifted and modified wrangler. My son-in-law owns a 2 wheel drive Cherokee (why do they even make a 2 wheel drive jeep). Long story on the 2 wheel drive Cherokee, but he basically didn't realize it until it was too late. My sons fiancé owns a stock TJ.
We all wave at Wranglers. It is part of the fun. I even wave at wranglers when I'm driving the focus. I guess it is a habit.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

I always wave to every jeep but some jeepers don't no the jeep code wave back we are a big jeep family
Old 04-13-2014, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never really keep track of who does and doesn't wave, but now after this I'm sure it will be in my mind lol. I still wave if they do cool if not oh well I'm not mad maybe they're thinking about something and not paying attention I do the same thing from time to time.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

In Colorado hardly anybody will return a wave. There are tons of Jeeps here, at least 1 in 5. The problem is they are all used by suburban moms that want a SUV that will drive through the snow to pick up her kids from soccer and take them to Whole Foods for gluten free snacks. The point is they obviously won't wave back, but some actual trail rigs will wave back. When you are only getting about 2 waves returned out of 50, you just stop waving. I still try to wave.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:25 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Warthog A10
In Colorado hardly anybody will return a wave. There are tons of Jeeps here, at least 1 in 5. The problem is they are all used by suburban moms that want a SUV that will drive through the snow to pick up her kids from soccer and take them to Whole Foods for gluten free snacks. The point is they obviously won't wave back, but some actual trail rigs will wave back. When you are only getting about 2 waves returned out of 50, you just stop waving. I still try to wave.
^^^ this

.....if their modded I'll throw out the wave or some deuces but outside of that, there's tons more stock wranglers around here in suburbia driven by soccer moms especially in 4-doors

Last edited by DJ1; 01-01-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Warthog A10
Wow you guys play soccer in the snow????
I get a stupid look from Hockey moms this time of year when I wave lol but I still wave

Last edited by robsjeep9; 01-01-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Wave at other Jeeps!