Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Whats is in your packing list for your Jeep?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09ruby
On my jeep I carry 5gal gas A rampage can looks like a jerry can but holds tools and misc items 8k winch, snatch block recovery strap tow hooks another jerk strap, hi lift jack In the jeep Fire extinguisher CO2 tank with hose and good air gauge + set of 4 tire deflators Hatchet, folding shovel , pancho's, blankets toilet paper, greasy rags hand cleaner , coats and mud boots Glow sticks flashlights, pocket knives, gps, maps cb radio, torque wrench Tire repair kit Fishing poles just in case I stumble upon a nice fishing hole, a yeti cooler that never has beer in it! Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 03-04-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Always carry

tools, sockets, wrench, torx, drivers snips etc etc
Tarp
Bug spray
4 nylons tie downs
4 ratchet bow and stern lines
cool weather gloves, cold weather gloves
paracord
flashlight
cell phone
foul weather blanket
utility knife
camp ax
hand held gps

(on the trail) mainly because my "camping" involves either kayaking and or biking
kayaks and gear
bike and gear
paddle
helmet
hennessy hammock
sleeping bag
dry bags
solar charger (solio)
water
think that's it, of course I always forget something....
Old 03-04-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-727661138.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	535260

I'd love to have this one attached also

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Heakle
I have my JK packed with most all emergency supplies all the time. I built a rear storage area from 8" shelving and covered with a hinged top and carpeted it all. It keeps modular storage bins out of sight and secured. With the rear door closed you cannot open the top. I cut out the top to clear the foldable table mounted on the rear door. Also I have an inventory attached to the underside of the top and direction to all the other jeep items in/outside the jeep. I have my Hi-Lift, ax and shovel mounted on the roll bar with a JeepSwag.com mount. I added my own mount to the top of the installed Hi-Lift for my Pull-Pal arms. The Pull-Pal blade i attached to the tire carrier. I also have my sand boards mounted to the underside of the roof top tent, and a solar panel on the rear basket charging the Goal Zero battery inside. I can remove the battery and use all around the camp site and it gets recharged as I drive. The only thing I need to add when leaving is water jugs, the mod pans with my camping and eating supplies, camp stove and GO. Hope my ideas help folks. Attachment 523431 Closed Attachment 523432 Bin #1 Attachment 523434 Bin #2 Attachment 523435 Bin #3 Attachment 523436 Bin #4 Attachment 523437 JeepSwag Mount Attachment 523438 Bin Labels Attachment 523439 Location Label Attachment 523440 All Packed. Attachment 523442 Goal Zero Battery Attachment 523444 Sand Rails under tent
Can you give some more info on how you attached all of that to your rollbar ?
Old 03-16-2014, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lsot
Very we'll done. I just got my 1st Wrangler and was wanting to do something just like this. I,m also looking for a AR-15 mount.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lsot
Sorry for the long time to reply. I mounted the Goal Zero battery to the roll bar angled down tube, wait for it, a round irrigation valve cover from Home Depot ! I secured the cover with two hose clamps, cushioned the battery with weather stripping inside and a Velcro strap to keep from falling out if I roll over. Easy to pull out when needed and secure while traveling. I have the solar panel on the rear rack and routed the cable in through the back door access.
My Hi-Lift, ax and shovel are mounted to the top of the roll bar with a Jeep Swag mount. Works great, does not rattle, keeps everything inside and clean. I made a pair of u-shaped brackets to bolt through the Hi-Lift to hold the Pull-Pal arms above the Hi-Lift and below the roof.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

Henry
Old 03-16-2014, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

New project completed. Mounted Jerry Cans on Smitty Bilt rock steps. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2759292400.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	538069 Passenger side Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1451001957.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	538073 Drivers side

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-434109176.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	538074

Sticks out a little
Old 03-20-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Wink

Originally Posted by PhantomRescue
ALWAYS
> Roadside Kit (First Aid, Booster Cables, 1" Cargo Straps, Bungee Cord, Flashlight, Multi-tool)

TRAIL
> Gloves
> Chain
> Small Tool Kit (few wrenches, screwdrivers, multi-meter, tape, zip ties, fuses)
> Kinetic Tow Strap
> D-Rings
> Small Hatchet
> Change of clothes
> Hi-Lift Jack w/plate
> Shovel
> GPS
> Water
> Trail Mix and Protein Bars
>9mm.......wait....no I live in Canada so no 9mm here :(
I'm another Canuck. No 9mm.

Should I take two shotguns instead?
Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Always have a 1st air kit, sunscreen, paper towels, extra coat and hat, and topo maps of Arkansas.

Also have a 2m amateur radio and antenna installed.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by trouty33
The glow sticks are great to have and come in many colors we use different colors for different things. I've never used the bite stick... I'm sure it has it's uses and one day I will but I wouldn't say it's NEEDED , it came in my bag. The problem with the chewable a is they can be a choking hazard... The gel absorbs much quicker. It can still be a choking /aspiration problem but at that point things are about to get much worse for the person anyway... The head lamp is a great idea having 2 hands to work is always better. Hopefully the list helped and eventually I'll get around to getting mine finished for personal use.
The only uses I can think of is that the bite stick can be used to make the tourniquet and also depending on training level used to insert airway devices (Must be used for pediatric airway devices)

Quick Reply: Whats is in your packing list for your Jeep?