Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Whats is in your packing list for your Jeep?

Old 01-24-2015, 12:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by irongate
Mark have you looked at any Waterbricks? WaterBrick Half 1.6 Gallon ? Tan
Those are neat. I actually have recently switched from carrying one 7-gallon Aquatainer to carrying three 2-1/2 gallons Aquatainers. These let me carry an extra half gallon, they are much easier for me (old man that I am, LOL) to handle, and they fit so very well in the Adventure Trailers JK Interior Rack ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Work, Mar 14, N5_0532, Finished Storage Area.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	593432

I also have one of the Frontrunner transmission hump-straddling 10-gallon water tanks. Still trying to figure out how exactly I'm going to plumb that. But, I need lots of water for an upcoming trip--six days, 250 miles without water/gas, across some very remote and sometimes technical terrain. I so cannot wait!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Love this idea. 2 questions... Why do you need an accessories location list for things that are not in the bins(it's obvious where your hilift is, isn't it)? And where's the toilet paper?!
I haven't seen his response yet, but if I had to bet $$, I'd say that is a current or former Gunny or Platoon Sergeant, likely for a Tank or Mech Infantry outfit. I know what a load plan looks like, and THAT is a load plan. The list reminds you to put it back in the same place every single time. If a buddy wants to help load out, he or she simply follows the load plan.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Liveoutside
I haven't seen his response yet, but if I had to bet $$, I'd say that is a current or former Gunny or Platoon Sergeant, likely for a Tank or Mech Infantry outfit. I know what a load plan looks like, and THAT is a load plan. The list reminds you to put it back in the same place every single time. If a buddy wants to help load out, he or she simply follows the load plan.
Actually USMC Air Wing SSGT, picked up the habit from all our embark tool units over the years.

i replied but guess it was missed.

" I have all of this packed in case of earthquake, etc and I am away from home. The accessory list and supply location list is in case I am not there and one of my buddies needs to get medical or recovery stuff in an emergency. The Hi-Lift, shovel, ax and Pull-Pal are really snug to the roof inside and are easy to miss."

I old my buddies if i am hurt and need help, read the signs under the top!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all....Henry
Old 12-31-2015, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Maybe I didn't emphasize that enough in my earlier post. The two days of Wilderness First Aid training provides heavy emphasis on using what you have available. The course is designed around the outdoor activities that folks attending do. That is, if you're into kayaking, then those will be the resources provided for the exercises. In our case, we were into overlanding, so certain resources were available to us that kayakers wouldn't be expected to have.
Www.solowfa.com or 434-INJURED (434-465-8733). I'm signed up for the Norfolk VA class 16-17 Jan! I'm also an active member of our local Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
Old 01-01-2016, 01:50 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by '11BronzeStar70th
Disaster + Travel + Wilderness First Aid, CPR Courses by MEDIC SOLO or 434-INJURED (434-465-8733). I'm signed up for the Norfolk VA class 16-17 Jan! I'm also an active member of our local Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
Super. I expect you'll have a great time and learn a ton of stuff.

Quick Reply: Whats is in your packing list for your Jeep?