Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2 Weeks to EJS, Change of plans JcrOffroad JKU Build-up!

Old 04-24-2014, 04:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the build worked out great! Finished it up just in time to take it on the EJS/Jeep Beach tour! Since we didn't have room to haul it, we've been driving it on the journey! Currently Doghouse is in Daytona Beach for Jeep Beach.

But here are some pictures of the journey so far!

Hit an ice storm in Nebraska. This was the Jeep when it reached Colorado!

After I-70 reopened, we were able to get through the mountains and over to Moab! The first day there, we were invited on a Warn trail ride of Cliffhanger! The JKU is like cheating! It was amazing how well this thing preformed. Very happy with the first day with it out on the trail.

Here's a video Daryl put together from some footage he took on Cliffhanger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3w-RoSzPEA While the guys were out enjoying a nice Warn trail ride and free lunch, I was making my way to Moab from Salt Lake City in a rental car. I also encountered an obstacle; Highway Patrol! Whoops! But officer, I just want to get to Moab!

After one fun fun, we spend Thursday and Friday working the expo. Everyone seemed to really enjoy picking on me about Amy's jeep. Many wife's wanted to go on record that they would gladly trade her Jeeps! haha

Not a bad view for a couple days of work!

If you have never been to EJS, here's an aerial of the arena expo area:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKArSJHE9LY On Friday night, we ran Moab Rim in the dark. Not sure if that was a good idea or not, but it was a lot of fun! This was my first time wheeling Doghouse, on a Double Diamond Trail!

On Saturday, we got a late start to try and avoid some of the EJS trail traffic. We were fortunate to be able to run Hell's Revenge! A completely amazing trail, so much fun!

This is Hell's Gate. The picture does not do this trail justice!

This is Mickey's Hot Tube. I ended up having to be strapped out. Doghouse's rear locker wasn't working and I just couldn't get traction to climb out. It was very close to coming out after two RIPP powered attempts!

Here's a panoramic picture from where Mickey's Hot Tub is:

We ran Poison Spider Mesa Trail on Sunday. We took a bunch of video, I'll post that when we get a chance to edit it!

Project Crusader and Project Doghouse!

All in all, Moab was a BLAST! We were able to run; Moab Rim, Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider and Finn's and Things. Truly a Jeeper's paradise! I recommend everyone get out there at least once in your lifetime!

I'll post more pics when I get back from Florida!
~Brian
Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JcrOffroad
So the build worked out great! Finished it up just in time to take it on the EJS/Jeep Beach tour! Since we didn't have room to haul it, we've been driving it on the journey! Currently Doghouse is in Daytona Beach for Jeep Beach.

But here are some pictures of the journey so far!

Hit an ice storm in Nebraska. This was the Jeep when it reached Colorado!

After I-70 reopened, we were able to get through the mountains and over to Moab! The first day there, we were invited on a Warn trail ride of Cliffhanger! The JKU is like cheating! It was amazing how well this thing preformed. Very happy with the first day with it out on the trail.

Here's a video Daryl put together from some footage he took on Cliffhanger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3w-RoSzPEA While the guys were out enjoying a nice Warn trail ride and free lunch, I was making my way to Moab from Salt Lake City in a rental car. I also encountered an obstacle; Highway Patrol! Whoops! But officer, I just want to get to Moab!

After one fun fun, we spend Thursday and Friday working the expo. Everyone seemed to really enjoy picking on me about Amy's jeep. Many wife's wanted to go on record that they would gladly trade her Jeeps! haha

Not a bad view for a couple days of work!

If you have never been to EJS, here's an aerial of the arena expo area:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKArSJHE9LY On Friday night, we ran Moab Rim in the dark. Not sure if that was a good idea or not, but it was a lot of fun! This was my first time wheeling Doghouse, on a Double Diamond Trail!

On Saturday, we got a late start to try and avoid some of the EJS trail traffic. We were fortunate to be able to run Hell's Revenge! A completely amazing trail, so much fun!

This is Hell's Gate. The picture does not do this trail justice!

This is Mickey's Hot Tube. I ended up having to be strapped out. Doghouse's rear locker wasn't working and I just couldn't get traction to climb out. It was very close to coming out after two RIPP powered attempts!

Here's a panoramic picture from where Mickey's Hot Tub is:

We ran Poison Spider Mesa Trail on Sunday. We took a bunch of video, I'll post that when we get a chance to edit it!

Project Crusader and Project Doghouse!

All in all, Moab was a BLAST! We were able to run; Moab Rim, Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider and Finn's and Things. Truly a Jeeper's paradise! I recommend everyone get out there at least once in your lifetime!

I'll post more pics when I get back from Florida!
~Brian

how did the truck lights hold up in the snow and ice?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to know as well. Did you have any issues with the bulbs not heating high enough to melt the ice?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepblackout
I would like to know as well. Did you have any issues with the bulbs not heating high enough to melt the ice?
I used my truck-Lites over winter in ice and I couldn't get them to melt ice off very well.

Quick Reply: 2 Weeks to EJS, Change of plans JcrOffroad JKU Build-up!