Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2017 Jeep Wrangler Chief JK

Old 02-21-2017, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Jeep Wrangler Chief JK

New Chief Edition JK hot off the train.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Chief 2.jpg
Views:	24023
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	667101Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Chief 1.jpg
Views:	8343
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	667102
Old 02-23-2017, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What makes the chief different?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Part of me kinda likes that light top.....maybe just cuz it's different. It's a nice nod to the '70s.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Pretty cool, kinda retro. You know, even though I think all of these "special editions" that have been offered over the years are overpriced, they're still cool. Most, not all, are simply appearance packages but thats ok with me...keeps that JK world interesting.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Default Chief

I thought the paint name of Chief is the name of the blue paint. It is available on all model Wranglers. This looks like a Dealer Special Edition.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lowendrider
You know, even though I think all of these "special editions" that have been offered over the years are overpriced, they're still cool. Most, not all, are simply appearance packages but thats ok with me...keeps that JK world interesting.
Did not always been overpriced. I was a jeep cherry when I bought my 07 JKU Sahara in Oct 09 for $28,000. I just bought a 10 JKU Sport with the Mountain package. He left the window sticker in the jeep, $31,000 for it.

Last edited by OverKill; 02-26-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Default Chief Package?

The Chief we see here is NOT a factory package. The Mountain and Islander packages were factory packages. For what differences these packages contained, was not that much different in price than the standard equal model Wrangler. When a dealer designs their own package, rest assured, there is a lot of mark-up in it! The Mountain and Islander packages were worth the difference.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saharaharry
The Chief we see here is NOT a factory package. The Mountain and Islander packages were factory packages. For what differences these packages contained, was not that much different in price than the standard equal model Wrangler. When a dealer designs their own package, rest assured, there is a lot of mark-up in it! The Mountain and Islander packages were worth the difference.
I agree, a paint job, wheels and a hood don't make a package out of a Sahara or Sport but I'm sure the price makes it feel like you're getting the package...
Old 02-27-2017, 01:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

All the comments were what I was thinking, just thought I would ask. Not sure I like the color choice of the top, looks too much like the renegade from mid-80's. just needs the plastic sidestep fender combo.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
I can not find it on the Doug smith website yet to confirm this one came from the factory. But is has been discussed for quite a bit of time on another forum that a chief package is coming from the factory. Basically what you see in the pic is accurate. It is a nod to the chief concept jeep produced. PM me if you want more info.

Quick Reply: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Chief JK