Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

40" tire club

Old 07-31-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep them coming boys! Especially the 2 doors on 40+ inch tires, because they look so much bigger.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Anybody have any new additions to the club? I'm still waiting to get mine.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm new to the club and have a question that I would greatly appreciate getting answered asap. I have nitto grapplers on 17in rims on a dynatrac 60 front and my front left wheel speed sensor is throwing a code and making my jeep have a lot of driving issues. If I turn my traction control off using the switch in the center it solves mosy the problems. The shop that has dome a lot of work on my jeep said that a switch might need to be installed to completely turn off tractiom control but it seems like that a short cut that can be avoided. Has anyone had these problems runnning 40s?
Old 09-29-2014, 09:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chronotripper
I'm new to the club and have a question that I would greatly appreciate getting answered asap. I have nitto grapplers on 17in rims on a dynatrac 60 front and my front left wheel speed sensor is throwing a code and making my jeep have a lot of driving issues. If I turn my traction control off using the switch in the center it solves mosy the problems. The shop that has dome a lot of work on my jeep said that a switch might need to be installed to completely turn off tractiom control but it seems like that a short cut that can be avoided. Has anyone had these problems runnning 40s?
why not check that code and fix whats causing it instead of using a shortcut?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
why not check that code and fix whats causing it instead of using a shortcut?
We have already replaced the wheel speed sensor a few times and deleting the code, yet the jeep still keeps throwing it back. I am assuming that not everyone who runs 40's has this problem right? If that is the case then I will continue looking for something else that may be causing the problem. I also forgot to mention that I had a hemi conversion done to mine a couple years ago, so there will be slight differences in the computer from stock, but I did not have any issues when I ran 35's or 37's.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the actual code? Can you describe the issues.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the gap between tone ring and sensor? Could need some adjustment there
Old 09-30-2014, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

This may sound stupid but how good of shape is your wheel bearing in? Is the connections at the top of the sensor. Not cut, broke, tore? If you have a bad wheel bearing itll cause your speed sensor to throw codes, iv had bearings that seem fine and wouldnt move back and fourth and take it off. And its destroyed. Yet the sensor is fine. But yes the easiest thing to do is just wire a switch in to remove conpletely for the tractipn control.. its a pain anyway.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nitto 40's
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3652002184.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	579066   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-17776993.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	579067  
Old 10-08-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bubba Jeep
Nitto 40's
How do the 40" Nittos compare to the 37" MTR's on and off the road?

Also did you have to do anything to fit those tire with the AEV lift?

Last edited by calys003; 10-08-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 40" tire club