Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

508D Motion Sensor with Factory JKU Alarm

Old 06-20-2013, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 508D Motion Sensor with Factory JKU Alarm

Just like the title on the thread, I added a DEI 508D Motion Sensor to my factory alarm. The trigger from the sensor is wired into the tailgate trigger on the factory wiring on the pass. Kick panel. I'll be using this only when I go doorless and topless on the jeep, I have a manual toggle switch mounted in the console to cut power to the sensor. Check out the video:
http://youtu.be/Whfc5peV5kE
Old 06-20-2013, 07:13 PM
JK Junkie

So did you combine the 2 leads (warn and alarm) or did you only use the alarm wire? I wired up the same system and functionality of both of them with a switch like you've got. Mine chirps at 6" off of the glass and I have yet to really dial in the full alarm but it goes off around the steering wheel.

Where did you put the module? I pasted mine just to the rear of the ebrake so adjusting it is a complete pain in the ass but hitting the manual kill switch is easy enough if I feel it's going off too often.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls
So did you combine the 2 leads (warn and alarm) or did you only use the alarm wire? I wired up the same system and functionality of both of them with a switch like you've got. Mine chirps at 6" off of the glass and I have yet to really dial in the full alarm but it goes off around the steering wheel.

Where did you put the module? I pasted mine just to the rear of the ebrake so adjusting it is a complete pain in the ass but hitting the manual kill switch is easy enough if I feel it's going off too often.
I only have the alarm output wired, so it just goes off when an intrusion. I mounted mine inside the arm rest, so I need to remove 8 screws to take apart the arm rest, not too bad to adjust. If I were to wire a siren, it would warn when touching the glass.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

How long have you been testing the system? I'll tell you that it's a little finicky and sometimes the range will be a little more, sometimes a little less.

Good to know though, I was curious how you had it set up as far as the 2 adjusting knobs. Like I said earlier, I need to 'tune' the inside zone and maybe scale the outside down a little (as they don't come tuned out of the factory).

Sent from my DROID4
Old 06-21-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls
How long have you been testing the system? I'll tell you that it's a little finicky and sometimes the range will be a little more, sometimes a little less.

Good to know though, I was curious how you had it set up as far as the 2 adjusting knobs. Like I said earlier, I need to 'tune' the inside zone and maybe scale the outside down a little (as they don't come tuned out of the factory).

Sent from my DROID4
A couple days, but I spent about 30 mins adjusting it and testing it. Always went off in the same zone each time. For now I leave it off, since doors and top are on the jeep. I'll need to adjust it with doors off sometime next week
Old 06-21-2013, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Very cool. Where did you get it?
Old 06-22-2013, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Amazon or ebay will be the economical place to get it, Best buy sells it for $60.

Sent from my DROID4

Trending Topics

Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DKehler
Very cool. Where did you get it?
I got mine at a local alarm shop, but you can find them on amazon or eBay easily
Old 03-25-2017, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Sick!

I have the factory alarm on my 2013 jku and want to do the same thing. I have the 508d in but not installed. Any pics of install?

Last edited by TxCoastie; 04-04-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Quick Reply: 508D Motion Sensor with Factory JKU Alarm