Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

baddkarma's prebuild/build thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteFighter
Looking good! Excited to see where this goes!
me too....I'm still waiting for my shocks and that is driving me insane! I want this thing lifted already! I have a couple friends with crawlers that haven't been out for a while and now they are talking about starting to wheel again so this may take a big turn if I can afford it lol. I know I cant keep up with one of them and his Tacoma though, its a 12 Tacoma that is in the process of a solid axle swap with a lot of very trick one off parts, the other is a stretched cj7 on 42's with Dana 60's and an atlas twin stick t-case. now that I think about it, i cant afford to keep up with these guys but it will be fun to try!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

holy shit!!!! I still don't have my shocks from RK, if I had known it was going to take this long I would have just ordered the fox's I wanted in the beginning! Too bad I already used that money to buy a kayak

but on a good note I got my new MC from TRS and will be able to reinstall my retrofits this weekend.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

So I need to get me jeep to this level...... It can go further, it will actually go all the way up the ramp but gets a little sketchy, we didn't want some one to lean on it and it flip.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3395875807.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	570389  
Old 08-09-2014, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

This is my poor attempt in a stock jeep!

Name:	image-3723366289.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	570390  
Old 08-10-2014, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

While trying to rid the jeep of a vibration at highway speed by changing shocks (rubicon take offs that I had laying around) and retorquing the wheel spacers I found this. I guess it could be the cause of vibration, will change it later today and put in a procomp dual stabilizer kit I bought cheap.

Name:	image-1212898024.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	570477  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

still have a shake, going to take it to 4wp and have them pull the tires off the wheels and make sure I don't have a bent wheel and re balance them. also it looks like I might have my shocks today or tomorrow so hopefully this weekend the lift goes on!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

I bought another hood to replace mine that was haul damaged and got it put on yesterday to find out that my old hood had 1 washer nozzle and the new one has 2 so I looked around online and found a kit to switch from 1 to 2 and ordered it,I know I could have made it myself with some hose and another nozzle but this was just too easy so I will hope I don't need to wash my windshield until it gets here lol.

I also found out that the fog light bulbs were changed sometime between 07 and 13 I ordered hid bulbs that were supposed to fit an 08 (h10/9145) to find out they don't fit
Old 08-25-2014, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Few things have started to change, I put a pair of rigid duallys on the a pillar, I had the light already and will replace them with something with more distance in the future. I also bought a smittybilt xrc bumper with tire carrier for cheap. It's 5 months old and I paid $400 for, was hoping to pick it up yesterday so I pulled the factory bumper,hitch and spare tire carrier, didn't get to pick the bumper up but will get it tonight. Also ran a power wire for some rear facing lights, haven't decided if I will do 2 6" led bars or 2 duallys mounted to the bumper.

Name:	image-3690138846.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	572906   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3980168890.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	572907  
Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Bumper on!

Name:	image-3374260019.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	572985  
Old 08-26-2014, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

so everyone does something stupid even when they are told not to do it every now and then, well i found my stupid thing today. i have been trying to find a vibration in the jeep since shortly after i put the tires on. i installed spidertrax wheel spacers and didnt listen to everyone about the little washers that go on the studs for what ever reason they are there, and i also over torqued the spacers with an impact well tonight i decided to pull all 4 wheels and spacers and try it the way i was told to do it (minus loctite but i will fix that later) and aside from a minor vibration that is tire balance related for sure its 10x better. one problem i ran into was i broke a stud on the front hub i didnt have time to fix it because its getting dark so tomorrow i will drop it off at a buddies shop to get it fixed since i wont have time for a few days due to work and being a front stud i dont want to put too many miles on it that way.

Lesson learned today: ALWAYS FOLLOW PROPER TORQUING INSTRUCTIONS WHEN INSTALLING WHEEL SPACERS!!!!

Quick Reply: baddkarma's prebuild/build thread