Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bartact Seat Covers

Old 01-02-2017, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bartact Seat Covers

Looking for seat covers for my 2009 and wondering if Bartact covers are worth it? Not looking for anyone to bash any name brands, just trying to stomach the price $300 for fronts. Trek Armor appears about the same. Dont want to spend $190 on Smitty and find out should have spent the extra $100. Looking for advice as I'm sure some of you have the Bartact covers. Thanks for any info.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bartact IS Trek Armor. They just changed their brand name.

I've had Smittybilt seat covers on a TJ I used to own. They faded to purple and started splitting at the seams after about 1 year.

I had Bartact front and rears in my 2012 JK for about a year before I sold the Jeep. Hardly any signs of wear. I like them enough that I ordered a set for my 2016 JKU.

Pricey, but worth it IMO.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:58 PM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct - Bartact was formerly Trek Armor. Same people, same products, just a new name.

I have not owned or used the Smittybilt seat covers but I do have some of their other Molle gear - tailgate cover and trail bag. Everything that I have from SB is fading badly and some of the straps are deteriorating and tearing as well.

I also have Bartact Seat Covers and bags in my Jeep and there is no fading or tearing. The materials that SB use do not even compare the the Bartact Mil-Spec stuff. The seat covers will not tear, even after being cut with a knife. They are extremely durable and I love them! I also have a child in a car seat in my back seat and I have seen no wear & tear from the car seat rubbing on the Bartact covers. And with a child comes quite a mess back there - food, dirty shoes, etc on the seats - but it all cleans up with a damp cloth.

Bartact might be a little more money, but I believe it is definitely worth it.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, spend the money. I have had Trek Armors since I had my 2012 and just transferred them to my 2016 and they still look new. I have the grey centers and they look fantastic. I am thinking of ordering a new set to get blue centers and would definitely order them again.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:21 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there's NOS (new old stock) of the Trek's at a killer price, then get those. Otherwise pay the $ to get the Bartact's since the molle webbing spacing is actually correct and pouches can actually be mounted correctly...

Old 01-02-2017, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should check northridge4x4 they had some extra Trek armor seats at a killer deal.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have them and they are awesome. Like others have said no fading and they fit great. You get what you pay for.............they are worth the cost.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got Trek Armor front & rear Covers three years ago and still no fading, very very little wear of the driver seat from me getting in/out everyday, have to really look for the slight wear. All other seats still look like new. Took mine off one year ago and washed them all, awesome product and worth the money.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the advice. Sounds like that solves it. I have the back seat out 100% of the time so guess its better than having to buy for all seats. My drivers seat has started to tear from getting in and out (lifted doesnt help). Ill be placing an order tomorrow!
Old 01-27-2017, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pulled the trigger and ordered them. Awesome customer service. I had Amazon gift cards received for Christmas but Bartact didnt have the color scheme I wanted listed on Amazon at the time. Called and spoke with Matt and he added them to Amazon on the spot so I could use my gift cards. Im in Socal so they shipped Wed and arrived Thurs! Couldnt ask for better quality and Matt and Bartact have GREAT customer service! Highly recommend their product!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3663170571.jpg
Views:	1198
Size:	501.7 KB
ID:	665502

Quick Reply: Bartact Seat Covers