Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

BlackWidowJK One Ton Build

Old 06-03-2015, 04:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski

yea im hoping with the steep enough "triangulation" should greatly affect any side load.

with a 3 link, im expecting some rear steer. i just feel that happens with most set ups running high travel, as theres always a little rear steer.
The triangulation would be giving it the side load correct? Also yes rear steer to a degree on high travel, but i have no noticeable rear steer at all on double tri and wouldnt even on 18s...and it can be negated alot wich will come down to link lengths and locations.

Last edited by Maertz; 06-03-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you run a three link with plans of a someday wishbone, mount the joint on the axle side with the bolt verticle. This puts the load on the body of the joint rather than on the weaker part of the ball. It is hard to get very good geometry with a three link on the JK.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Some Flex Testing

Picked up a set of 46" Military Tires on 20" Beadlocks

No, these are not the off road tire, as they are rated at 10500lbs each, so my jeep is not going to flex the sidewalls. I intend to use a 43" Super Swamper Sticky or 44" Pitbull.

Last edited by ludski; 02-19-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Also, a video update of the progress so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rlPEjs35I4
Old 02-19-2016, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Lost a lot of my earlier photos, i apologize for that. That account was apparently a trial account. So these ones shouldnt get deleted in the future.

Currently running 6.5" lift height in the rear and 6" in the front.

Removed this thing.

Rear Axle W/ the artec armor and the Rock Krawler 3 link long arm.

So much room for activities.

Front Suspension.

Currently, there is a 16" Fox coilover. And I am using the standard height Artec coilover mounts on the frame side and then they mount on top of the truss. This limits my up travel to about 2" (when i did my measuring, i didnt realize their rubber bumpstops were 2.5" thick. So, i might just cut those off, OR what I am also considering...

A. Go with the Artec taller coilover mounts (this will gain me 3-4" of up travel).
B. ^ mount + find a way to get the coilover to mount above the control arm bracket. The problem with this for me, is that my lowers are mounted near the centerline of the axle and there isnt much space between the joint and the truss. And if i go with a standard style shock mount, and raise it upward, it'd be near the truss height.
C. 14" Coilover (gain about 2.2" of uptravel)
D. 14" Coilover and taller mount. (will allow me to run the Jeep lower for when i run the 43" off road tires)
E. Cut off the Fox bushing bumpstop on the coilovers (will be running airbump stops)

Thoughts?

New Cage Concept

Since I am going for the JK8 style, I plan to cover the rear doors by extending my poison spyder customs corners to the B Pillar. Deleting the rear seats (obviously).

The Rear Coilovers Will Mount to the hoops along the rear of the frame. I will also have a removable cross member

Old 02-20-2016, 01:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default Awesome

Awesome
Old 02-20-2016, 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

My favorite part is the front plate. GO HAWKS
Old 02-20-2016, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

wicked build

Old 02-20-2016, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice!

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 02-25-2016, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Ordered the raised Artec mounts, hopefully here this monday. This will gain me 5" of additional up travel, give or take.

Welded together my rear control arms and fabbed up some coil mounts. Going coils in the rear for right now. Just so I can roll it out of the garage for other projects. Found some Cherokee coils I had lying around and cut off about 3 full coils to give me around 6.5" of lift in the rear. I will switch to coilovers in the rear soon, but this will at least get it so i can roll it out of the garage on its own weight.

No rear jack stands!!
First time in 331 days that the Jeep isn't on all 4 Jack stands!!!

Now that the rear is nearly finished up. Time to look at the front suspension.
Once the front mounts get here and i mock up the 16" coilover, i can decide on the spring rates and sizes.
But im thinking ill end up with 6.5" lift up front. Just have to decide on spring rates and sizes, but im hoping for around 6" of uptravel at ride height. i'll have about 7" of usable uptravel until my links get wicked close to my oil filter.

Quick Reply: BlackWidowJK One Ton Build