Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

(canary) Yellow Jeeps are for pansies!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (canary) Yellow Jeeps are for pansies!!!

Apparently, Im a huge puss and didnt know it.

In the last month, Ive had many people question the "maniliness" of my JK due to its color,
and two even calling it "a beautiful canary yellow" but saying it was too girly...

Aside from the fact that that these people are stupid enough to make comments like this to a 6'2", 300lb man covered in tattoos driving a Jeep that can run over their vehicles.....

....I think they are mistaken.
I chose Detonator Yellow because it reminded me of the tonka trucks I had when I was a child.....back when all tonkas were yellow.
Before I found this Jeep, I never even considered i would ever own a yellow vehicle, but never thought it was a gender-specific tone.

I love my JK
...love the color
....love what Ive done to it (except the accident. lol)
.....love driving it.
.....love modding it.

So....has anyone else run into comments like these?
or am I the only male with a yellow JK?
Maybe mine specifically just looks girly?

Help me out, People!

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 10-08-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

I love the yellow. I don't think it is girlie at all Yours is very manly
Old 04-23-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wanted Yellow when I bought mine. Dealer wanted $1K more to bring one from another dealer. Something about losing the holdback and driver charges.
I still think Yellow is the best. In fact just bought a 2 Door X in Yellow to pair offwith my Rubi.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the yellow JK's. Def. not a girly color..
Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is black, but I like too it looks good.

I say f*** them
Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

My first car was a yellow and black 1971 El Camino - 350 - 4 spd. Loved that Cruck! LOVED that color combination.
When Jeep came out with the Detonator Yellow, that is the only color I looked at.
I'm with you Crash in spirit and size (6'-1" 275 lbs). Someone call me girly!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the color. Reminds me of a Dewalt power tool!

Any time anybody gives me grief about my vehicle choice, I tell 'em to shut up unless they want to make the payments, if so...criticize away!! Or... opinions are like a$$holes...everybody's got one!

Incedentally...I was considering a white JK, before I got my black one. My buddy with a black TJ absolutely hounded me about potentially getting a white Jeep. "Thats a girl color", "Daisy Duke drove a white Jeep" "White Jeeps aren't even real Jeeps"

What ever...got the black, not b/c of his chatter, but it is a soft top and the white was a hard top. Decided, I'd rather have the soft top and as easy as it is to take down and the fact that its 80 degrees today...I don't regret it one bit!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

We sold my girlfriend's yellow TJ, to another girl. I had another girl that wanted to look at it if it did not sell. May just be the color. I have had a person tell me that they did not like my rescue green unlimited. Oh well......
Old 04-23-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

My first car was a canary yellow pinto...man was that thing embarrassing - not a color you want on a sh!t pile, for sure.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owned a Yellow Mustang GT for 6yrs and it was what I had always wanted from when I was younger I personally really like Yellow but you are right it does tend to get type cast toward women for some reason. I love the color because it stands out and is different from the normal colors you often see on the road but at the same time in the past 10yrs you see a lot more yellow... I always kinda got some flack about driving a yellow mustang but I really didnt give a rats ass to be honest... get what you like and who cares what anyone thinks. I am sure most of the time its just because they are jealous. You got a bad ass lookin jeep.

Quick Reply: (canary) Yellow Jeeps are for pansies!!!