Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

CB Radio

Old 09-02-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Radio

Alright guys so have ordered a Cobra 75WXST! I also need to get the antenna and wires:( Would anyone give me suggestions to wiring it to the battery?
Old 09-02-2014, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

There's two cigarette lighter receptacles, one is hot all the time and the other turns off after the key is off. I tapped into the wiring for the one that turns off with the key (passenger side).

Old 09-03-2014, 01:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.T
There's two cigarette lighter receptacles, one is hot all the time and the other turns off after the key is off. I tapped into the wiring for the one that turns off with the key (passenger side).

That's what I did. You can get at that wire by removing the bottom-most panel on the front center console--a blank panel in 2007 (later years added a small net to the panel). IIRC, it's a blue/orange wire, but double-check that--it's been over seven years since I wired that in. The wire is very difficult to work on because there's not much leeway--it's up behind the panel above the one you removed and you pull it down to access.

BTW: Some folks say to wire direct to the battery or you'll have problems. I've never had problems wired to this switched power, but others claim they have. So, just so you know in case you're one of the unfortunate ones.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built myself a switch box for my auxiliary lighting and such with 5 switches, but 6 fuse slots in the fuse box. I used the extra fuse slot for the cb. Just ground to anything, but the battery is best.

Quick Reply: CB Radio