Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 08-24-2015, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been 91,000 ( ninety one thousand) views of this thread. Bodes well for Future Sales .
Old 08-24-2015, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
There have been 91,000 ( ninety one thousand) views of this thread. Bodes well for Future Sales .
The main thread for the LJ Safari Cab has 1,486,393 views as of today. That thread has been around a bit longer than this one though .
Old 08-24-2015, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am totally floored and blown away by your skill, attention to detail, creativity and precision in which you work. It is your skill in making these products that is the same type of skill that made this country great. Thank you so much for the time and effort and the story line that you have put together to share with us. It is highly impressive to make an understatement. I sure hope these tops come to market for it would be a pure shame and a sin for them not too. Your skill is top notch sir and thanks again!
Old 08-24-2015, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rick Grimes
I am totally floored and blown away by your skill, attention to detail, creativity and precision in which you work. It is your skill in making these products that is the same type of skill that made this country great. Thank you so much for the time and effort and the story line that you have put together to share with us. It is highly impressive to make an understatement. I sure hope these tops come to market for it would be a pure shame and a sin for them not too. Your skill is top notch sir and thanks again!
Thank you very much, it's very kind of you to write such nice things. I really appreciate it.

I don't know yet if the JK Safari Cab should, can or will be a product. For now I'm just focused on getting the first one built to my satisfaction .
Old 08-24-2015, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely love the two door top! I will be in line to buy one the second it becomes available if it ever does. Very awesome concept, totally transforms the look of the jeep, in a good way!
Old 08-25-2015, 03:29 AM
JK Super Freak

After you get it built to your satisfaction, I'll be more than happy to give it a Real World Test ! 2015 2dr Ready Willing and Able.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jscherb
I made up a bracket to mount the power vent motor, here's a test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_BTZNill98 I'm beginning the design of an accessory wiring harness for the JK Safari Cab, so since these work nicely support for power vents will be part of the harness. I'm also planning to include switched and unswitched power, plus support for the JK's interior lighting. The rear wiper and defroster won't be part of this harness because those will just plug into the factory hardtop plug in the JK - this harness will be for the extra features. Anything else I should design into the accessory harness?
What about a provision for soft-top JKs & JKUs using this as the primary hard-top. Won't there be a need for wiring and possibly even ww bottle hookups?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tarditi
What about a provision for soft-top JKs & JKUs using this as the primary hard-top. Won't there be a need for wiring and possibly even ww bottle hookups?
Yes, but I think it makes sense to rely on the factory hardtop wiring and washer for the wiper/defroster/washer functions, so if the top is to go on a Jeep that doesn't have the factory hardtop wiring and the wiper/washer and/or defroster are to be installed in the Safari Cab barn door, then the MOPAR kit can be installed.

I will do a tub-side wiring harness for switched and unswitched power, the power vent windows and maybe a few other things like AC power; all of these will terminate in a plug in the rear driver's side corner of the tub (the same location as the factory hardtop plug). The tub-side harness could also be used with a factory hardtop or soft top if those functions were needed with those tops.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
After you get it built to your satisfaction, I'll be more than happy to give it a Real World Test ! 2015 2dr Ready Willing and Able.
Ummm, the Safari Cab under construction now is for a JKU. I haven't decided if I'll make a 2dr prototype. But thanks for the offer.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jscherb
Yes, but I think it makes sense to rely on the factory hardtop wiring and washer for the wiper/defroster/washer functions, so if the top is to go on a Jeep that doesn't have the factory hardtop wiring and the wiper/washer and/or defroster are to be installed in the Safari Cab barn door, then the MOPAR kit can be installed.

I will do a tub-side wiring harness for switched and unswitched power, the power vent windows and maybe a few other things like AC power; all of these will terminate in a plug in the rear driver's side corner of the tub (the same location as the factory hardtop plug). The tub-side harness could also be used with a factory hardtop or soft top if those functions were needed with those tops.
Fair enough - I'm anxious to see a manufacturer pick this up - so I can give them my monies!

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop