Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 12-13-2014, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is that trailer being produced anywhere? I've seen the camper for $10k which I'd love to have. But would still need extra storage space. That trailer would be awesome.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
Is that trailer being produced anywhere? I've seen the camper for $10k which I'd love to have. But would still need extra storage space. That trailer would be awesome.
Yes, both the Jeep-tub and the military replica trailers are available as bolt-together fiberglass kits. The Jeep-tub is available in two sizes. Details are at dinoot.com: Jeep Trailers,Tent Trailers, 4x4 Trailers by Dinoot Jeep Trailers

The following users liked this post:
FarFromStock (01-04-2018)
Old 12-13-2014, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
Just set up a jar for collecting loose pennies and possibly future panhandling to be able to afford this when its available.

Seriously, it's awesome, can't wait!
Thanks, glad you like it. But I don't know if you'll ever be able to buy a JK Safari Cab for your own Jeep, I'm just going to mold one or two prototypes for now, I don't know if they'll ever make it to production.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jscherb
Thanks, glad you like it. But I don't know if you'll ever be able to buy a JK Safari Cab for your own Jeep, I'm just going to mold one or two prototypes for now, I don't know if they'll ever make it to production.
If someone puts that JKU Safari Cab into production, it is paintable, and the price is reasonable, I'm in, for sure. Tagged!

Keep pics coming! Your creativity and work is amazing!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow! This is really cool! I think the 2 door version looks better than the 4 door. I own a JKUR and would still LOVE one!
Old 12-14-2014, 03:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Here's an inside view of the prototype parts on the workbench. Between moving the brake light up top, moving the wiper motor to the bottom, and the extra windows, visibility out the back will be much better thank in the factory hardtop.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:21 AM
JK Super Freak

A few more concept drawings...

First an anim showing the factory hardtop compared to the Safari Cab, and with a load on top. This concept also has slider windows in the sides instead of the kick-out vents I put in the prototype panels.

A JKU concept with a roof-top tent; the integrated roof rack support transfers all of the load to the sport bars, so unlike with the factory hardtop, no external cage rack (like the Gobi) is required to support a load like a roof-top tent. Also showing the barn door open, it opens nicely under the tent.

I showed this 2dr with roll-up sides on the first page of this thread, but this one's got hard sides.

Last edited by jscherb; 01-04-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

don't do this to me.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

A few more concept drawings... First an anim showing the factory hardtop compared to the Safari Cab, and with a load on top. This concept also has slider windows in the sides instead of the kick-out vents I put in the prototype panels. A JKU concept with a roof-top tent; the integrated roof rack support transfers all of the load to the sport bars, so unlike with the factory hardtop, no external cage rack (like th Gobi) is required to support a load like a roof-top tent. Also showing the barn door open, it opens nicely under the tent. I showed this 2dr with roll-up sides on the first page of this thread, but this one's got hard sides.
Looks awesome. Glad it's portrayed on a white Jeep like mine!!
Old 12-14-2014, 04:49 AM
JK Freak

Could you integrate mounting points into the roof for say a shovel or hi-lift?

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop