Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

D30 Rebuild/Beefup

Old 09-23-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay...... Sorry for the delay in updates. I thought this thread got deleted for some reason because it disappeared from the "modified JK" section and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

So here is an update:
It has taken me an extremely long time to get all this done due to the fact that moments after taking the front axle out of the Jeep I ended up getting my old job back. Leaving me only a couple hours a night, for only a couple nights a week to work on it. So needless to say it was a long frustrating process! Haha.

I finished it up on Wednesday night (actually Thursday morning at about 3AM) and have put about 75 miles on it so far. I still have to decide on the bump stops, but will most likely go with the Timbrins since the stingers just went in the budget right now. I ended up spending a lot mor money in tools to get the project done than I anticipated. BUT now I have all the tools and can regear many projects to come and help out friends when possible.

The front axle is pretty beefy now and I can't wait till the break in period is done so I can go out and hammer down on my jeep again!!!

I'll update you soon after break in and first wheeling trip.

Quick Reply: D30 Rebuild/Beefup