Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Does anyone have the pro comp leveling kit

Old 02-06-2016, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have the pro comp leveling kit

I'm planning on installing the 3 inch pro comp leveling kit from 4 wheel parts. Does anyone have this lift that? What do you think about it? Pics?
Old 02-08-2016, 01:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

3" is way more than a leveling kit. You need a whole bunch of stuff for that to work and drive correctly.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah what 👆👆👆👆👆said. I think 2" is the biggest leveling kit I have seen. Might be wrong though. At 3" you will need to start getting additional items like longer brake lines. Sounds like you are piecing together a kit. You might be better off buying a complete set. Give Teraflex a look.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

This is the link to the leveling kit:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspensio...t_pn=EXP66150K
Old 02-09-2016, 01:08 AM
JK Freak

The kit looks pretty complete. However, for that price tag I have seen other leveling kits or basic suspension lifts with longer shocks for around that price.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I would go elsewhere. cam bolts are a big no no. I would go for a full spring kit for that price....teraflex's 2.5" spring kit will be very similar in price to that kit, add 230.00 for lower control arms instead of cambolt and you have a MUCH better system.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not looking to off-road, I'm just trying to get the look. I'd really like to go for 3" but don't want to have to deal with exhaust spacers or brake line relocation or replacing the driveshaft. I want something that is durable, high quality, affordable, and simple to install. Is there any recommendations? I'm looking for the stock quality and drive just a taller JKU.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WranglerBoss
I'm not looking to off-road, I'm just trying to get the look. I'd really like to go for 3" but don't want to have to deal with exhaust spacers or brake line relocation or replacing the driveshaft. I want something that is durable, high quality, affordable, and simple to install. Is there any recommendations? I'm looking for the stock quality and drive just a taller JKU.
For not much more you could get a Rough Country spring lift. I see a lot of people that just want the "lifted jeep look" get this. Most people who actually take their jeep off road would use something like rock krawler. If you dont want to deal with exhaust spacers and extra parts then you should definitely go for a smaller lift. The more you lift the more issues you will run into.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MavisJk
For not much more you could get a Rough Country spring lift. I see a lot of people that just want the "lifted jeep look" get this. Most people who actually take their jeep off road would use something like rock krawler. If you dont want to deal with exhaust spacers and extra parts then you should definitely go for a smaller lift. The more you lift the more issues you will run into.
Will need to deal with exhaust spacers, extra parts, and problems if I lift the Jeep 3"?
Old 02-09-2016, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WranglerBoss
Will need to deal with exhaust spacers, extra parts, and problems if I lift the Jeep 3"?
As you lift the Jeep the angles of the steering components increase causing more wear and tear. You can lessen the angle but that means more parts and more money. I have only read about the exhaust spacer. Some say they need it and some don't. Call the company you're getting the lift from and they will advise you.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have the pro comp leveling kit