Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Earth Siege Build engine and 40"

Old 01-08-2015, 09:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good man.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed. Fan-freakin-tastic! Where did the 5.3 come from...mighta missed it going through your thread?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The flex fuel aluminum block 5.3 and 6 spd auto were pullouts from a 2010 silverado 4x4.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

I have been negligent in updating my thread. My bad. Alot going on in my home life lately. Had to divert time and money into restoring a bedroom in my house that was about to once again be occupied and it was needing repairs. They are still ongoing.

Ok. The fan clearance problem was resolved-turns out i had the solution to the problem from the beginning of kit order, i just didnt know the bag of parts were for that problem. Installed the fan spacer kit(it moves the fan motor 1/2 farther into the fan shroud housing creating the needed clearance between water pump pulley and back of fan motor)

A majority of the electrical connections from jeep body to engine have been made. Still have to connect and solder about 15 wires under dash and in engine bay. Im dreading that so in turn, have been delaying the needed work.

When i do the wiring work, i will also connect my two interceptor guages and test them out.

I have to order a few small fuel line connectors to finish my 6an connections to the return line portion. I have already run the lines i just need different ends to connect to the push loc connectors on fuel rail.

Installed battery and redid my winch connections and mounted the solinoid between battery and fuse box(tipm?)

Also been working a solution to routing the water lines to engine. Gotta connect the LS steam line to one of the 5/8 heater hose lines and im trying to find a solid solution to the issue and have not found a clean way to do it. In hindsight, i prolly should have ordered an aluminum radiator set up for this conversion that had a port for this connection and had both larger lines on same side of radiator to help with these issues. There simply arnt any really good work arounds that still look clean upon completion otherwise.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

Stupid house repairs are sucking up my very precious jeep money! I hate old houses. Will be continueing jeep upgrades soon. Very disappointed in house. Bad house!
Old 08-24-2015, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess you stopped working on your jeep?

Sent from my thread killing iPhone
Old 08-24-2015, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

The jeep has not been touched since last post due to shop heat and required home rebovations. House is almost finished renovation.

Now that the house isnt sucking all my cash away i can now address the second issue-heat

My shop gets 30-50 degrees hotter than outside temps and its hitting 99 here in east texas. 5 min in that heat and im done for. Within next week or two im having a 5 ton ac unit installed and ducted in shop so i can continue my build. Im waiting on my contractor friend to get a free moment to install the unit. As u can imagine-ac units are a big seller this time of year and he is doing the best he can to make it happen for me.

I have having jeep withdrawals. Damn near went and bought a new jeep to cope with Earth Siege being down for upgrades.

My jeep build will resume once temperatures are within tolerance.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:34 PM
JK Freak

I have finally got back to working on my JKU. I came accross a used Olympic smuggler rear winch bumper with tire drop swing. Installed it tonite for a test fit and gonna make modifications (improvements) before having it recoated.

I plan on working on adjusting rear axle alignment tomorrow (sunday) so i can order my driveshaft for it. Also have to fix my springs or spring perches on the dynatrac axles since my teraflex springs wont seat down on the centering perch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1088736351.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	638990  
Old 02-27-2016, 11:36 PM
JK Freak

Another shot of bumper
And yes i know the wheels are not assembled correctly. This is going to be corrected later when i balance the wheels with weights or beads
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3662041784.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	638991  

Last edited by Earth Siege; 02-27-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had to check this out after you mentioning about your motech swap in another thread...

This build is bonkers. Congrats I hope you post up some trail updates after you get it out!

Quick Reply: Earth Siege Build engine and 40"