Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 08-29-2016, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Part 7 of our Al-Can trip is now online ... YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo4pbrLmIlk
Has to be my favorite yet!
Old 08-30-2016, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Here is our jeep...built for overlanding and still have good off-road use.

Next on the list of to do's is a slide for the new ARB fridge in the back and a drawer system for storage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-248201546.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	519.7 KB
ID:	655704   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-280675456.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	655706   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-237357979.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	617.6 KB
ID:	655707  
Old 09-01-2016, 02:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, I took my first REAL drive last night with the e codes. I had to pick my son up at the airport which was a good hr away at 2:30am. All I can say is WOW! You think they are not as bright as the Fancy LED lights. Until you start noticing things. I did this drive many many times so I know pretty well what my TL's lit up etc. The ecodes get farther out into the ditch on the right hand side, and on high beam, they are VERY VERY strong. For the total cost of 170 bucks with the 2.0 lights which were 50.00 bucks This is a much better upgrade than LEDs. Even removing the costs. Its Just awesome. I am liking these ALOT!
Old 09-01-2016, 04:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

x2 (or x3?) on the eCode lighting setup. I have Cibie lights with stock 55/60 watt bulbs and stock wiring. They are SO much better that stock it's not even a comparison. And the beam is so good and crisp, plus they are designed to rise up on the right side of the road, they are just the best single mod I may have ever done. I never felt the need for added lights beyond them. If I wheeled at night, sure, I'd add some true off road lights, but for on-road use, even in pitch black, mountain back roads, these are just the best, especially on low beam.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Part 8 of our Al-Can adventure is now online. Covers Maclaren River along Denali Highway to partway up Dalton Highway. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/0Eyq1klfCkI
Old 09-02-2016, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Part 8 of our Al-Can adventure is now online. Covers Maclaren River along Denali Highway to partway up Dalton Highway. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/0Eyq1klfCkI

Great videos!
Old 09-07-2016, 12:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Part 9 of our Al-Can trip is online. Takes us to Deadhorse on the Dalton Highway ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze8_sFiKJqs
Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Just received an e-mail from OTRATTW where I bought the custom toggles for my sPOD controller. It appears that he has restocked some of the colors he was out of. This applies only to the Contura II toggles--Contura V toggles he laser-engraves on demand. The Contura II toggles are silk-screened, so won't backlight like the Contura V. But, they look more consistent with the older JK interior ...

Attachment 539308
I will be switching out the roof and driving lights toggles for amber.
Hey Mark,

First off, huge fan of your videos, and I loved your most recent Alaska trip!

Secondly, I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you could explain a few things about your sPod set up (or if you've changed it)

I noticed you have an Engine fan switch, do you have a secondary fan installed if not what is the reason for that switch?
Also, the Oil gauge, is that an Engine Oil pressure gauge? Because if it is I would love to know how you set that up, or if you could point me to a write up so I can look into having a pressure gauge installed.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2016, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by devlooper

Hey Mark,

First off, huge fan of your videos, and I loved your most recent Alaska trip!

Secondly, I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you could explain a few things about your sPod set up (or if you've changed it)

I noticed you have an Engine fan switch, do you have a secondary fan installed if not what is the reason for that switch?
Also, the Oil gauge, is that an Engine Oil pressure gauge? Because if it is I would love to know how you set that up, or if you could point me to a write up so I can look into having a pressure gauge installed.

Thanks!
The engine fan switch is for the OEM fan. A friend used my design and added one to his Pentastar and says it works fine (3.6s have an extra fan wire). I have shared the wiring diagram on JKF, but if you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig it up from my desktop 'puter.

The oil pressure is engine oil. Added a sandwich plate between oil filter and block, which is doable on 3.8s, but not 3.6s with a cartridge filter. On them maybe a brass splitter/T-fitting could be used at oil pressure switch. VDO has a nice gauge that barely fits into sPOD controller (depth is very tight), and that matches OEM gauges nicely. Wiring was added for dash dimmer control of the backlighting for the gauge and switch toggles. 14Sport maintains a nice thread here on JKF that discusses all options for adding backlighting.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Part 11 of Al-Can trip is online. Mostly still photography of Denali and Kenai Fjords National Parks. Not much Jeep stuff ...

https://youtu.be/hmsvKVGnCYg

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!