Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stephens, what winch mounting plate are you using there?

Originally Posted by Stephens2r
Some of you may know the acronym KISS to stand for “keep it simple stupid.” My KISS build puts a twist on that saying and stands for “keep it somewhat simple,” as we all know how hard it is to leave a Jeep alone. My last JK was built up nicely, but my wife hated it and it was not the most practical setup. Since this is my daily driver, and I do not get off road quite as much as I’d like, I am keeping this one fairly simple.

My main goals are to retain comfort/fuel efficiency for everyday use, enhancing off-road capabilities, and not introducing any factors that might compromise reliability. Extreme rock crawling and off-road playgrounds are not in my future, and I would love to eventually get into long overland type trips. With that being said, for now I am focusing on building it more towards trail exploration and weekend camping/mountain biking trips.

It is not finished (probably never will be), but rather a work in progress.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

It is the Rock Hard 4x4 winch plate. I chose it mostly based on ease of install and price.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Saw this for sale in New Jersey today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1119697259.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	546239

Love seeing vehicles like that.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

disregard this post

Last edited by NMBruce; 04-17-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kojack
Exactly my mentality too. Do not add stuff that will hinder reliability, milage etc to much, unless it has a great purpose. As mine sits now, 2" teraflex leveling kit, Monroe reflex shocks and upgraded napa ball joints and tie rods. Adding teraflex bolts, and I think im going to put in a urethane bushing kit to tighten everything back up. Other than that my suspension is done.

Im going to modify my stock bumpers as they are light and fuel efficient. I am adding a bajarack UT roof rack for carrying loads but when empty its very very low profile.

No need for huge wheels/tires/lifts in the backcountry.
What I did was follow Mark's piece on a good expedition Jeep and so far that information is working great. One of the first things that was very important to me, was a good front bumper, since I live where there are a lot of Deer and Antelope and Elk. I searched Craiglist for 6 months and found a ARB premium front bumper for a great price near a friend in PHX, it stayed there for 4 months until I went down for spring training. I have add more stuff lately and now i am working on a trailer.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took an excellent local day trip to the Crooked River and Chimney Rock OR. Heading to the Redwood National Forest with the Manley Trailer and camping in a few weeks. Pics to follow

Old 04-17-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skibovr6
Took an excellent local day trip to the Crooked River and Chimney Rock OR. Heading to the Redwood National Forest with the Manley Trailer and camping in a few weeks. Pics to follow
Awesome pics. I used to climb near there back when I lived in Oregon. Brings back great memories.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very Nice Pictures Have fun
Old 04-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor

Old Vehicle 2000 WJ

Current Vehicle 2008 JK

Last edited by Alpha Expedition; 04-17-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love that night-time camping photo. I've tried taking pics like this out in the desert with my RTT deployed and they never, ever turn out. I'm a good camper, but a crappy photographer. Hence my great appreciation for that peaceful shot.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!