Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 08-18-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
Headed to Hood River Oregon where I met up with a couple of buddies. Headed north from there, mostly off-pavement. Great trip. Spent three nights in my tent. Cooked. Goofed off. Took photos. Saw parts of Washington I've never seen before. Had to shorten our journey by about a half day when we were getting close to my home town. Road closures due to our crazy wildfires. Here's a few photos from the trip. Good stuff. Saw some elk and deer as well.

Rocks. Mud. Steep slopes. Tight, twisty roads. Deep ruts. It was a hoot!

Regards, CW
looks like a great trip, need to do some of that next time I get up that way
Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
This will whip the booty of anything else you can come up with for the money ...

Device: Nexus 7 ***2012*** model (the 2013 model GPS is too unreliable--still!)

2012 Nexus 7 32-GB

Backcountry Navigator App

BackCountry Navigator

Maps (which are free)

CalTopo - Backcountry Mapping Evolved

And my video on installing it into your Jeep. Go to the YouTube page for links to images that have more detail about the parts I used ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6UolIlksZs I know, the sound sucks. Watch some of my more recent videos--I've gotten better. :-)

Mark,

I finally got my acer 210 up and running in my rig. My mount is a little weak but it works for now. The tablet itself runs its gps good but I bought the Bluetooth gps receiver and its killer.

I am running bcn for topo, co pilot for on road nav, and torque pro for jeep monitoring....

I wish I had used the vector off road mount instead of the rugged ridge mount as it is the wrong ball size for ram mounts.

But for functionality, the tablets work great.

The family and I are having a blast up in the country in our jeep this year. I am trading in/selling my Harley to get a new R pod trailer and bajarack UT so we can go longer and further on our adventures. We are looking at doing the eastern seaboard next year.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack

Mark,

I finally got my acer 210 up and running in my rig. My mount is a little weak but it works for now. The tablet itself runs its gps good but I bought the Bluetooth gps receiver and its killer.

I am running bcn for topo, co pilot for on road nav, and torque pro for jeep monitoring....

I wish I had used the vector off road mount instead of the rugged ridge mount as it is the wrong ball size for ram mounts.

But for functionality, the tablets work great.

The family and I are having a blast up in the country in our jeep this year. I am trading in/selling my Harley to get a new R pod trailer and bajarack UT so we can go longer and further on our adventures. We are looking at doing the eastern seaboard next year.
Cool. I also use Mort Music Player for songs. And I have ES file manager, which let's me create shortcuts to useful folders and files, such as to campsite/hotel reservations, backcountry permits, specialized maps, and Jeep documents such as torque values, owners manual, fuse layout, etc (all as .pdf's or .jpg's). It is pretty amazing how useful the tablet is and, if you have an Android phone, you can always have an emergency back-up device.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All our adventure vacation videos are done. Go and check them out on this YouTube playlist. Enjoy ..... We loved our trip and making the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...Ohp4mh9TXKArl9
Old 08-25-2014, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

I was curious as to what tools and spares everyone brings with on their trips. Trying to get a list together of everything I might need.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toxicity_27
I was curious as to what tools and spares everyone brings with on their trips. Trying to get a list together of everything I might need.
My everyday kit:
- Socket Set - Duct Tape - Zip Ties - WD40 - Screwdrivers - Winch Remote - Tree Saver - Snatch Block - (2) D Clevis - First Aid - Jumper Cables - Hi Lift - Tow Strap - Scissor Jack - Lug Wrench
Special Occasion Kit:
- Everything above and - Extensive First Aid - Bottle Jack - Snatch Strap - Engine Oil - Extra Serpentine Belt - Extra Brake Line - Diff. Oil - Cat Litter (for oil spills) - Funnel - Ratchet Straps - Flashlights - Assorted Hand Tools - Trash Bags - Shovel - Axe - Hammer - RTV Sealant - 550 Cord - Fuses - Baling Wire - Electrical Wire Connectors - Electrical Tape - Padlocks and Cable - Tire Chocks.

I need to get some JB Weld and a winch cable extension. Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

So close to the end of my expedition trailer build
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2869444226.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	573057   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3530628133.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	573058   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1934945524.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	573059   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1503266466.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	573060   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2020694077.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	573061  

Old 08-27-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TreyJK
My everyday kit:
- Socket Set - Duct Tape - Zip Ties - WD40 - Screwdrivers - Winch Remote - Tree Saver - Snatch Block - (2) D Clevis - First Aid - Jumper Cables - Hi Lift - Tow Strap - Scissor Jack - Lug Wrench
Special Occasion Kit:
- Everything above and - Extensive First Aid - Bottle Jack - Snatch Strap - Engine Oil - Extra Serpentine Belt - Extra Brake Line - Diff. Oil - Cat Litter (for oil spills) - Funnel - Ratchet Straps - Flashlights - Assorted Hand Tools - Trash Bags - Shovel - Axe - Hammer - RTV Sealant - 550 Cord - Fuses - Baling Wire - Electrical Wire Connectors - Electrical Tape - Padlocks and Cable - Tire Chocks.

I need to get some JB Weld and a winch cable extension. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Anyone else have a list of what they carry?
Old 08-27-2014, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

For tools, I carry a metric and standard socket set, 3 adjustable wrenches, I have some type of portable light for every passenger and a magnetic work light, a battery drill, and a screwdriver set. I also carry 2 tow straps (can't remember size) and I have a power inverter to run a craftsman air compressor for now until I can afford a permanent setup for my jeep. I also now have 2 PIAA Ions on my windshield and JKUR springs and shocks. Netted my 2 door sport 2.5" of lift exactly. I made the mounts for the lights myself, and I also made a box for my switches that mounts above my cb radio.

Edit: I also carry an 8 ton bottle jack and a set of jack stands. It makes light work of lifting the jeep up for repairs. Of course, I have a cheater bar for removing lug nuts and a torque bar for putting them on to the correct torque.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3858812691.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	573195   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1568968263.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	573196   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4069427.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	573197   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3575258620.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	573198   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-839667614.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	573199  

Old 08-27-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by toxicity_27
Thanks, I appreciate it. Anyone else have a list of what they carry?
I don't have a list, per se, but since I have answered a similar question elsewhere (okay, elsewheres), I'm going to whimp out and point you there. But please feel free to discuss any question you might have in this thread, if that suits you ...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-o...edness-302560/

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!