Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 10-22-2014, 02:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by toxicity_27

I'm reading through the thread right now, but here is a link to the thread.

Expedition Portal
Not a member; can't read. Always figured they were kind of snooty over there, this being another example. Anyway, the guys I travel with had a very negative reaction. "Overlanding has jumped the shark!" "Most exciting thing I remember from last week was when Tom offered up those two extra hot dogs." And, "Uh-oh, we'd better take the shower enclosure next time!" I think we'll just keep on making on own home movies without the artificial drama. LOL.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Not a member; can't read. Always figured they were kind of snooty over there, this being another example. Anyway, the guys I travel with had a very negative reaction. "Overlanding has jumped the shark!" "Most exciting thing I remember from last week was when Tom offered up those two extra hot dogs." And, "Uh-oh, we'd better take the shower enclosure next time!" I think we'll just keep on making on own home movies without the artificial drama. LOL.
Haha. Reading through the thread it appears as though it is completely legit.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Well I'm starting to plan a future trip to Alaska. I've got a rough route planned out, but need to get a few stops figured in between the long drives and for staying overnight. I've got a few guides coming to me in the mail. If anyone has any information, places I should stop feel free to let me know. The earliest I plan on going would be 2016 but I want to make sure I can get as much planned out before then as possible.

Also, what is the avialbility of diesel past Whitehorse andon up to Deadhorse?
Old 10-27-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Well I'm starting to plan a future trip to Alaska. I've got a rough route planned out, but need to get a few stops figured in between the long drives and for staying overnight. I've got a few guides coming to me in the mail. If anyone has any information, places I should stop feel free to let me know. The earliest I plan on going would be 2016 but I want to make sure I can get as much planned out before then as possible.

Also, what is the avialbility of diesel past Whitehorse andon up to Deadhorse?
This is something a friend and I have been mulling over for the past couple years. Can't answer your question, but something you may want to consider is taking the ferry back. It isn't especially cheap, but it's probably less expensive the driving back and paying enroute for hotels and meals if you'd be retracing the same route covered. Actually, we were probably going to take the ferry up so that a fixed date doesn't have to change if we have vehicle problems enroute.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

This is something a friend and I have been mulling over for the past couple years. Can't answer your question, but something you may want to consider is taking the ferry back. It isn't especially cheap, but it's probably less expensive the driving back and paying enroute for hotels and meals if you'd be retracing the same route covered. Actually, we were probably going to take the ferry up so that a fixed date doesn't have to change if we have vehicle problems enroute.
I think on the way back I'm going to be taking a more direct route. On the way out, I had planned on visiting Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park again. Also going up to Banff National Park again, and then up to Whitehorse. On the way back, it would be back through Edmonton, and into North Dakota.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

I think on the way back I'm going to be taking a more direct route. On the way out, I had planned on visiting Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park again. Also going up to Banff National Park again, and then up to Whitehorse. On the way back, it would be back through Edmonton, and into North Dakota.
Sounds like a great adventure.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like a great adventure.
Hopefully! Right around 8300 miles round trip with what I have planned so far. Going all the way up to Deadhorse, Denali and Valdez as well. Need to do some more searching on how long some of the driving may take, but at least for now I have a rough layout.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a member; can't read. Always figured they were kind of snooty over there, this being another example.
I really like expedition portal, more adult language and calm people to discuss with, not so many hotheads there I think they are much older there
Old 10-27-2014, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a nice route to take, going up and back. Yellowstone, Glacier and Banff are all nice to see, way back in 76. ND. well another story.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by irongate
Sounds like a nice route to take, going up and back. Yellowstone, Glacier and Banff are all nice to see, way back in 76. ND. well another story.
Haha exactly! I was at Yellowstone, Glacier, and Banff a little more than 10 years ago with my family. Was easily the best trip I ever took.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!