Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 01-13-2017, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Its-a-JK
So your running 33's and Teraflex performance leveling kit? I may rethink the 2" - 2.5" lift seeing your setup.
Yes. The springs and the Fox shocks have worked out real well. I've also got a set of Air Lift air bags inside the rear springs to help the Jeep stay level while carrying a heavy load.

Jeep tires are the 285/75/16's, which is about a 33x11.50 or so.

Trailer tires are 32x11.50 BFG's on 15" rims. Someday I may get all the rims and tires the same...
Old 01-17-2017, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mpg

So when all your expedition rigs are loaded and you hit the road, how fast do you guys go when traveling on interstates with speed limits at 70 to 80 MPG like here in Utah and what kind of gas mileage are you getting with all that weight?
Old 01-17-2017, 09:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by KBennett2007
So when all your expedition rigs are loaded and you hit the road, how fast do you guys go when traveling on interstates with speed limits at 70 to 80 MPG like here in Utah and what kind of gas mileage are you getting with all that weight?
I typically do 65 MPH and my gas mileage on a good day is 15-16 MPG. On a windy day, it can easily drop to 11-12 MPG.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2849730868.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	577.2 KB
ID:	664800

Ten years in the making and gradually getting to an "expedition level". Long arm kit goes on this spring and possibly moving from 35's to 37's. Have already tested it in Moab in '14 and it was quite capable. No obstacles like that back here in WI.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2013 JKUR with 3:73 gears and 5 speed auto would get around 16-18 at 65, but if I dropped to 60 MPH, it could go as high as 20, if I ran 70-75, it would drop to 13-14, headed into a wind, like Mark it would drop to 11-13 at 60-65mph
Old 01-26-2017, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

My 2008 used to get about 15.5-16 highway IF I stayed around 68mph with no wind...3.8 with 5.13 gears/35s/auto/Superchips/and a whole bunch of other stuff...

Wind or pulling the trailer...down to 12-13 easily...
Old 01-27-2017, 02:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Hey, everyone, I put this video together about Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante a couple days ago. I've done a number of trips into this amazing area and do honestly think it's the best overlanding in the lower 48 states. Anyway, the video isn't the main show. It's actually in the caption, where I've placed links to articles and papers that discuss this area in particular, and public lands in general. I've tried to keep the perspective balanced, though my own feelings are probably pretty obvious. Indeed, one of the longer articles is from someone who is against the Bears Ears National Monument designation (though he's not against protecting the area). While there may be the occasional person who watches the video that thinks the federal government should give all of the land to the state for the state to do as they wish (some of the land has already been sold off to a private buyer), I think most of you will agree that some protection is desirable. What form that takes is debatable, but I'd love for you to watch the video, and then contact your congressman and let him know your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxH3YjxH8Pg Remember, the links in the caption have the most important info, so please read that caption and maybe a few of those links. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2017, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unhappy Bears Ears

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Hey, everyone, I put this video together about Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante a couple days ago. I've done a number of trips into this amazing area and do honestly think it's the best overlanding in the lower 48 states. Anyway, the video isn't the main show. It's actually in the caption, where I've placed links to articles and papers that discuss this area in particular, and public lands in general. I've tried to keep the perspective balanced, though my own feelings are probably pretty obvious. Indeed, one of the longer articles is from someone who is against the Bears Ears National Monument designation (though he's not against protecting the area). While there may be the occasional person who watches the video that thinks the federal government should give all of the land to the state for the state to do as they wish (some of the land has already been sold off to a private buyer), I think most of you will agree that some protection is desirable. What form that takes is debatable, but I'd love for you to watch the video, and then contact your congressman and let him know your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxH3YjxH8Pg Remember, the links in the caption have the most important info, so please read that caption and maybe a few of those links. Thanks!
Unfortunately Mark the Utah House asked Trump to rescind the National Monument designation today. I won't be surprised to see parts of Grand Staircase Escalante in the same boat in the coming days. There appears to be from my perspective a rabid desire to drill, drill, drill in this state now and the way things have been going I the Utah House will have it's way. A very sad day when we can't have areas of this country untouched my the destruction on man. I'm really quite broken hearted about it. You should send your video to some of our politicians. I'm sure not a one of them has ever been to either place.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

"...untouched by the destruction of man." My problem is that many on the left think that a human being even walking across that land would be destructive, let alone OHV access, even if limited to trails and roads. I'd like to see reasonable people find the middle ground where we can protect land, yet access and enjoy it. I believe we can also protect land while extracting gas and oil, with little to no damage. New technology enables that, but I'd want to see strong oversight.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just great as usual.......can't wait to get my US shoes back on!!

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!