Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Get ready for Arctic Circle, your suggestions

Old 03-10-2016, 01:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome. I would not have went with LED lighting for this trip however. I live in an area of the world that has really bad snow conditions and LED is horrible. Always Icing up. Even just snow dust etc will NOT melt off. They are not made for winter conditions...Even heard the truck lites are questionable with the heated lenses. Also, Do NOT take a hand gun with you. You will loose it at the Canadian border and promptly be arrested for an illegal weapon. Bring a rifle or shot gun with all paperwork if you want a firearm.

I am not a fan of the fox steering stabilizer. there is twice as many seals to go bad, twice as much rod exposed to salt and road blast etc. again, not designed for a northern climate. I think its designed more for the bro dozer 40" tire 15" lift truck hillbilly crowd. Great choice on the lift, cannot go wrong with Teraflex. The only other thing I would think of is how "off road" are you going? If you are sticking to roads, I would have suggested a lower lift, and stick with a real winter tire, not a snowflake at. its not the same thing and you will find out once the temp drops and your skating all over the road with the wide at tires instead of a true narrow winter tire.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever happened here? Was looking forward to the story!
Old 10-18-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

????????????????
Old 10-20-2016, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Must have froze to death.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Longlegs
Must have froze to death.
Whatever preparations he made should be doubled!
Old 10-22-2016, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe he ate that can of dog food he was talking about and died of food poisoning.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys, thanks for the caring. sorry I didn't do a follow up. Life changed a lot and time past fast.

Unfortunately, I didn't even have the chance to eat that can of dog food. I did every preparation except one : change transmission oil and the transmission had problem, so I exited earlier, at Whitehorse, Canada.

Other parts of the Jeep is definitely over prepared, stock JK ran very well as shown by another JK in the team. TeraFlex Long Arm is very nice, love it. However, given the long wheel base and OEM mid-arm set up, the benefits are not so obvious. The Jeep is a rugged rig, experienced -32'F at Yellowknife for 2 days and no issue whatsoever. Also, studded tire is not a very good idea on road, felt more slicky than non-studded snow-flake rated LT tires.

Since I didn't finish in Cold Foot, in April, I flied to Fairbanks with my friends and rented a Jeep Cherokee to drive a round trip between Fairbanks and Cold Foot. The road was definitely more treacheras, and weather condition was horrible, we hit a snow storm in middle of the way, very scary.

Quick Reply: Get ready for Arctic Circle, your suggestions