Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed my Gobi roof rack on my 2012 JKU

Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's badass love that rack and that color!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default Any drop in Sat. Radio reception?

I have a 2011 JK unlimited Sahara. Been wanting to get the Gobi Stealth, but heard that some racks really cut down the Sat. radio reception by half.
I commute long distance, Sat. radio about the thing that keeps me sane on the the long trips. Just wondering if you had any issue with that, im ready for my Gobi.

Originally Posted by Mos11b
I ordered my stealth 4 door gobi from alpha expedition on December 30th 2011 and I Received it on the 17th which is today and I couldn't believe how fast it took. On the website it says 3-4 weeks! I had a nice lady that called me yesterday and asked when was the best day and time for the delivery and the driver would call me 30 minutes out to make sure someone was home. And they did just that, had a huge package put on my truck and hauled it to wear I was going to install it with the help of my uncle. You need 2 people with the install to help you raise the rack over the top . More hands the better we hand 4pairs just incase lol.

Packaged nicely heavy as hell lol and gotta love the made in the USA!

Attachment 266316

Everything was nicely packaged wrapped in plastic and foam did not see one damaged thing
Attachment 266317

And here it is done
Attachment 266320

Attachment 266321

Everything is built very nicely and feels very sturdy I was walking all over the rack and the ladder feels rugged also. Powder coat looks great . The ladder and the wind deflector came with the rack so I was very happy about that. It was a easy install no drilling everything is bolt on, that's one of the reasons I chose this one. You do have to remove the rear bumper but it's a few bolts. And its funny I decided to leave my rear bumper off due to the fact I have a LOD bumper with tire carrier from northridge4x4 and I didn't know when it was going to arrive and when I came home today it was there!

Attachment 266322

It was my birthday on the 15th so this was a great b-day present to myself! The install took 4 hours and we were taking our time. I love it and I think it looks great! If you guys have any questions I will try and answer them the best I can.

-Mike

And also alpha expedition had some great customer service.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

So BADASS, I want one!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

The rack looks great installed. Its a big plus that you don't have to drill into the body to mount it.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smb72
The rack looks great installed. Its a big plus that you don't have to drill into the body to mount it.
Yeah one of the big reasons I got it. Easy install with a buddy. Just installed the sunroof insert

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1195127695.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	271436
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mos11b
Yeah one of the big reasons I got it. Easy install with a buddy. Just installed the sunroof insert

Attachment 271436
Do you have a factory soft top? and if so, do you have any trouble putting it down with the rack....I'm just confused with with what alpha expeditions site says "Attention: 2010- Up Jeep JK Wrangler with factory cable operated soft-top's Sunrider opening option will no longer possible due to clearence between the rack and the soft top."

i have a 2011 sahara, same color, bought in Oct last year, havent even put the soft top on, so im unclear about this whole "cable operated" soft top sunrider. i dont remember seeing this anywhere when i bought it, or maybe thats just the way it is.

http://alphaexpedition.com/index.php...mages.tpl.html

ride looks sweet though , saving up for the gobi. no drill means no problem.

welp, found this thread all about gobi racks....time to start reading...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...of-Rack./page3

Last edited by EBerin; 02-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Looks great! Can't wait for mine to arrive. It was ordered 14 December, and should be shipping tomorrow. If this rack wasn't the best I'd be peeved about the wait.

Delsol, there are, if I remember correctly, 4 tabs on the front and 2 on the back for lights. On the stealth there is a very narrow opening to place them, and not a lot of lights will fit. PIAA 2100 sized is what will fit the tabs. Rigids work with the clamp mounts.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now you can start buying all of the fun bolt on goodies, nice color choice BTW

Old 07-24-2014, 10:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skibovr6
Now you can start buying all of the fun bolt on goodies, nice color choice BTW

I know I'm late, but nice jeep!

Quick Reply: Installed my Gobi roof rack on my 2012 JKU