Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeek's budget build

Old 11-17-2013, 10:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just downloaded the wayalife app... i havent really posted anything yet, but im a member of a few different jeep forums so that i can be as informed as possible when questions arise.. hell, until about a year ago i was a member here and didn't post anything other than my intro... now that i am off my phone i can finally see how you got your rig hooked up.. looks good... im still mostly stock, as in i only have different rails and a bestop trektop.. lol.. i have a 2.5 in lift, but wont put it on until i go to bigger tires... i guess i could do things like sell or trade my rubi rails for something, or get rid of one of my soft tops.. etc...
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
I just now read that thread on the "other" forum... all I have to say is "wow". I'm pretty shocked at the behavior some people demonstrated. Particularly some "adult" making fun of a 19 year old kid with comments like "sure would be nice if I could live with my parents again".
I just read some of the threads on that other forum. Wow. Sad to say, they are not alone. I've seen some interesting stuff in my short time as a JK owner on a couple other forums as well. I just don't get it. Funny, though, is I doubt 10% of any of that would be said if there wasn't a keyboard and the internet to hide behind. I quit visiting them, and I am inclined to NOT buy anything from their sponsors.

I'm glad I haven't seen that kind of behavior on this site. I hope I never do. I like it here.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't feel bad about budget wheeling. There is a certain satisfaction that goes with wheeling the same trails that the big boys do but without the big budget. Sure their rides may be a little more comfy on the hard stuff, or they can take the baller lines, but if you get to the top of the same trail as they did. You win. I did rubicon last year with no lockers and a budget boost (and a crap load of armor).
Old 11-18-2013, 02:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

" its not just a bunch of tools talking shit to other forum members and banning you..........
its a WASTE-A-LIFE"

Last edited by bob-o; 11-18-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yessamskates

Wow, after these comments I had to go read. I didn't get all the way through but I sure wasn't disappointed. I wish I was cool enough to be on that forum. All I need is some more Evo shit, some slabs and Nittos and I would fit in perfect.
Yeah or just get rid if your jeep and kiss eddies ass then you can fit in as well! At least that's what Sharkey did!

Originally Posted by MarineArmyJeeper
i just downloaded the wayalife app... i havent really posted anything yet, but im a member of a few different jeep forums so that i can be as informed as possible when questions arise.. hell, until about a year ago i was a member here and didn't post anything other than my intro... now that i am off my phone i can finally see how you got your rig hooked up.. looks good... im still mostly stock, as in i only have different rails and a bestop trektop.. lol.. i have a 2.5 in lift, but wont put it on until i go to bigger tires... i guess i could do things like sell or trade my rubi rails for something, or get rid of one of my soft tops.. etc...
Haha Jeepin on a budget just like me! Thanks yeah I try to save little money at a time when ever I have it so I can wheel or get mods done
Originally Posted by ShutterBug

I just read some of the threads on that other forum. Wow. Sad to say, they are not alone. I've seen some interesting stuff in my short time as a JK owner on a couple other forums as well. I just don't get it. Funny, though, is I doubt 10% of any of that would be said if there wasn't a keyboard and the internet to hide behind. I quit visiting them, and I am inclined to NOT buy anything from their sponsors.

I'm glad I haven't seen that kind of behavior on this site. I hope I never do. I like it here.
Hell yeah dude I doubt anyone would back up Eddie in real life all they do is talking big in forums so people get intimated by them

Last edited by Jeek.OlllllllO; 11-18-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by orangedude71
Don't feel bad about budget wheeling. There is a certain satisfaction that goes with wheeling the same trails that the big boys do but without the big budget. Sure their rides may be a little more comfy on the hard stuff, or they can take the baller lines, but if you get to the top of the same trail as they did. You win. I did rubicon last year with no lockers and a budget boost (and a crap load of armor).
Yeah that us very true! Lol
Yessamskates ran the rubicon on a 2.5 with 35 and only had to get pulled out 2 times I think,
If you ask anyone I have wheeled with they will tell you I always follow the bigger jeeps on 37's I do tend to get stuck once in a while because of the ground clearance but I do try to wheel my jeep as hard as I can, I think that's why my cross member is bent lol!
Originally Posted by bob-o
" its not just a bunch of tools talking shit to other forum members and banning you..........
its a WASTE-A-LIFE"
Hahaha yes a waste-a-life on that forum
Old 11-18-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ur rig is coming along nicely Jeek! What's on the list next?

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 11-18-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Ur rig is coming along nicely Jeek! What's on the list next?

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Thanks man!

This week IMA make some home made quick disconnects and hopefully front wheel spacers and a on board air this month or the next, and after I'm going wheeling and when i feel i need the 35's then i will get 35's and sleeves and gussets (unless I find a really good deal on some used ones before)
Old 11-18-2013, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely do the disco, makes it so much better. U got a lot planned don't u? I wanna do on board air still too
Old 11-18-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Definitely do the disco, makes it so much better. U got a lot planned don't u? I wanna do on board air still too
Yeah I only issue is that I rub on the sway bar links when full flexed so I need the from spacers or I have to take the whole link off. Oh yeah big plans but for now that's what I'm doing,

I'm getting the jeepswag for 260

Quick Reply: Jeek's budget build