Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK with 40+ Tires

Old 04-09-2009, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JPTwinz I love your Jeep but how in the hell do you get into that thing. That is probably 10 or so inches above stock with your lift and tire combo. But it is sexy!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knyland
JPTwinz I love your Jeep but how in the hell do you get into that thing. That is probably 10 or so inches above stock with your lift and tire combo. But it is sexy!
lol....getting in the driver's side is easy when you put your right foot in then grab the steering wheel and kind of jump up. It's the other 3 seating positions that people complain about. We went to lunch in it one day with some co-workers and after the fight over who gets shotgun was over, one of the guys in the backset couldn't get in. He had to switch positions with the front passenger so he could use the dash grab bar to help himself up. I need to get some of those roll bar grab handles. A few of us Arizona JKers are going on a trail run the 19th so I'll have some pics of it in action next to the crew.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
lol....getting in the driver's side is easy when you put your right foot in then grab the steering wheel and kind of jump up. It's the other 3 seating positions that people complain about. We went to lunch in it one day with some co-workers and after the fight over who gets shotgun was over, one of the guys in the backset couldn't get in. He had to switch positions with the front passenger so he could use the dash grab bar to help himself up. I need to get some of those roll bar grab handles. A few of us Arizona JKers are going on a trail run the 19th so I'll have some pics of it in action next to the crew.
holy sh...That is awesome. My wife would murder me if I asked her to climb in. The mentioned the height of my Teraflex 2.5 coils being a little too tall for her (she said this at 9 mo. pregnant, so I kept her around) That is a great problem to have
Old 04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

jptwins you could really damage your jeep by using the steering to pull your self in.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 PM
LTK
JK Newbie

JPTwinz really diggin the JK. I noticed from the pictures you had 2 different bumpers and no bumper. Which one did you stick with. The 2nd one looks really tough, what kind is it? Very Sweet Jeep
Old 04-12-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LTK
This is the only one I've seen and really got the ideas going... Minus the Exo

I think I saw this on an episode of the "A"-Team.
The following users liked this post:
Maui BeachBum (08-17-2021)
Old 04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LTK
JPTwinz really diggin the JK. I noticed from the pictures you had 2 different bumpers and no bumper. Which one did you stick with. The 2nd one looks really tough, what kind is it? Very Sweet Jeep
Yeah, I went through 3 phases in a 6 week time span.

I started with a Bulldog stubby winch bumper but wanted some sort of prerunner/stinger bar so I ended up with the Smittybilt XRC winch bumper. I'm really happy with it as the construction is solid. Plus for the money, I think I'm getting what all the other bumpers out there offer but with extra cash in my pocket for other goodies. After I sold the Bulldog bumper I had to go bumperless for a while until the Smittybilt came in.

For anyone interested, here's the build-up of my Jeep so far. It'll maybe give some Jeepers wanting 40's an idea of what they need suspension wise....https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/my-new-40-tires-waiting-wheels-74508/.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do all of them have a HEMI to move em?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew Jptwins would post up here, that is the tallest rig I have seen. Let us know how it does off road.

Red
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

That's cool how tall it is next to the other Rubi. Looks good.

Quick Reply: JK with 40+ Tires