Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

KevinMac's Semi-Budget Build...Project Deathstar

Old 03-27-2014, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinMac
Looks like they've gone up a few bucks since I won mine!

2013 jeep wrangler camera backup | eBay
Thanks for the link. Your build is looking sweeter by the day!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by blues143
You have to have special software to enable certain options. there are a few people around the country with engineering ability. I happen to know one Do you remember the part number off hand for the switch? I will install the sensor and stalk and then program. There is a guy in chicago that is some what close to you. I know he would enable your auto headlights.
p/n: 68015101AG
Old 03-28-2014, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

p/n: 68015101AG

Thanks again for the parts list.
I ordered all the parts and will install in the next couple weeks. I will also install the stalk and sun sensor alone to test my programming.
The sun sensor number changed from 55111275aa to 68230114AA. the ATC control unit is now changed to 55111170AH as well. It seems dodge removed the option in star scan to add auto headlights a while back?? We shall see soon
Old 03-29-2014, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blues143
Thanks again for the parts list.
I ordered all the parts and will install in the next couple weeks. I will also install the stalk and sun sensor alone to test my programming.
The sun sensor number changed from 55111275aa to 68230114AA. the ATC control unit is now changed to 55111170AH as well. It seems dodge removed the option in star scan to add auto headlights a while back?? We shall see soon
Good luck, I hope it works out! If it does I'll be turning to you for help, hehe.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Awning and brackets

The long awaited Gobi brackets for the Arb awning arrived today. There isn't much to them but the welds look good, the powder coat looks good and the hardware is all stainless. There are 2 in the set and they appear to do the job!

I went with the 2000mm awning as the 2500 over hangs the ends of the Gobi just enough that it would drive me nuts! The awning looks well made and also came with stainless hardware. It mounted up in 10 minutes to the new brackets and all seems well. Tomorrow I will take it for a road test to see how much worse the wind noise is.

I also got the 2000mm Arb mosquito room that fits to the awning. It is supposed to be beautiful out tomorrow so after the road test I will put out the awning and fit up the mosquito room to snap a few photos. My first planned camping trip of the year is set for May 15...not soon enough!

* Costs:
- 2000mm Arb Awning - $205
- 2000mm Arb Mosquito Room - $140
- Gobi Awning Mounts - $109
Old 03-31-2014, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

build looks awesome, gave me a few ideas thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Good luck, I hope it works out! If it does I'll be turning to you for help, hehe.
I added the sun sensor and new headlight stalk tonight. The auto headlights did not work properly until the tipm was flashed. They now work perfect. I need to order another plug kit to get the extra wires for the temp sensor. I will then add the atc module and finish the wiring. So far so good.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Blues, that's fantastic. What's involved in flashing the tipm? I have a somewhat friendly dealer, but he generally needs instructions on this type of thing. Any chance you can outline what you did so I can basically hand it to him and say. "Please try this!" LOL
All the best, and great work!!
Zilla
Old 04-01-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GZilla
Hey Blues, that's fantastic. What's involved in flashing the tipm? I have a somewhat friendly dealer, but he generally needs instructions on this type of thing. Any chance you can outline what you did so I can basically hand it to him and say. "Please try this!" LOL
All the best, and great work!!
Zilla
I have heard the dealers were no longer able to program for auto headlights?? I just happen to know a guy who knows a guy that can still do programming.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

great thread!!!! so much info, with pics and step by step instructions! such a major help and I super appreciate it! I also have a 2013 JKU sport that I will be using several of your ideas. keep up the good work!

Quick Reply: KevinMac's Semi-Budget Build...Project Deathstar